Chapter 10

After reaching his house, Way went to the bathroom to take a rapid shower, making sure Pete didn't have to wait for too long with wet clothes on. While Way was under the shower, Pete called his assistant and asked him to come with some clean clothes for him. Alan and Jeff were in the living room, while the rest of the team was waiting in the parking lot. Alan stood up to leave but Pete stopped him.

"Alan, could you ask someone to stay here for tonight? I'm sure Way would prefer the presence of a friend, that may calm him down" Pete said preventing Alan from walking away. The leader of X Hunter was confused, trying to find a reason why someone as confident as Pete and with the same feelings as him, couldn't want to spend the night in the same house of his beloved one.

"I thought you wanted to... ummm... yeah sure, I'll go downstairs and ask them who wants to stay" Alan responded and quickly left the apartment followed by Jeff. Pete looked outside the window and saw Alan talking to the members of the team, he could clearly see the discomfort on Babe and Charlie's faces, then North proposed and Sonic followed soon.

"I'm done with the shower, I left a warm towel for you near the sink" Way said as he walked out of the bathroom with just a towel around his waist. No matter the desire to look at him, Pete just looked at his face and thanked him for that, he told him that his assistant was coming with some clothes and then he went to the shower.

Way went to his bedroom and put on silk pajamas, then as he went back to the living room, he found North and Sonic behind the counter, looking for something to cook. They immediately turned smiling at Way as they finally noticed him. The racer was quite confused by their presence and asked them what they were doing.

"I was looking for something to cook, you must still feel cold" Sonic said, then North slowly approached Way, he leant closer to his ear and whispered, covering the side of his mouth with his hand.

"I can't say for sure that it will be edible though"

"I heard that! Oh... maybe some instant noodles will be enough to warm you up. Nice pajamas, did you put those on to turn Pete on?" Sonic replied with such a naiveté in his voice, that Way, who usually managed to find a good joke to respond, ended up blushing and quickly tried to go back to the previous topic.

"A cup of instant noodles will be enough, I can do that myself though, don't worry" Way said.

Suddenly the sound of the doorbell put an end to the awkward silence that came after that. North rushed to the door and opened it, he greeted in an excessively and almost ridiculously polite manner the assistant and took the bag from his hands. He walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door:

"Mr. Pete, your assistant brought your clothes" North shouted, fearing that Pete couldn't hear him. Pete asked him to open the door and leave the bag on the floor and so did North. A few minutes later, Pete walked out of the bathroom looking as elegant as always.

"I'm sure they will take good care of you, if there is anything you need, you can call me" Pete said, handing a small piece of paper with his phone number on to Sonic. Way hardly managed to thank him and Pete left before the car racer could find anything else to say.

Sonic, North and Way ate the noodles together and soon after that Way went to his bedroom, leaving North and Sonic on their own.

"Have you seen how embarrassed Way was when you mentioned Pete that way? Maybe you shouldn't have done that" North remarked. Sonic leant on him, running a finger on North's neck.

"Why? Are you jealous?"