Chapter 27

"Pete... do you think that Charlie will try to absorb my power again?" Way asked.

"He won't. I'm sure about that. He simply wanted to help you, but now that he knows that his attempt only managed to make you suffer, he won't repeat it, you can trust me on that" Pete replied calmly. At first Way didn't seem exactly convinced, but Pete's smile quickly made him change his mind. He was starting to feel so safe next to Pete, that when Pete accidentally caressed Way's hand, Way didn't move at all, he actually enjoyed the feeling of Pete's warm hand on his skin.

After lunch, Kim went back to his room. He still felt weak after the tortures he had to endure because of Tony. Kenta saw that and so he went to the bathroom to pick the first aid kit, then he followed Kim upstairs. Kim entered his room and didn't really expected to be followed, in fact he sighed irritated as he noticed that Kenta was behind him. In an attempt to make him leave, Kim grabbed the kit from his hand, then he said:

"Thank you, I can do it myself. You should ask Pete if he needs help" and after saying so he just closed the door before Kenta could enter at all. At first Kenta wanted to put his foot between the door and the doorframe, but he quickly changed his mind. He knew that forcing Kim to accept his help would have just made things worse, so he preferred to observe him from a distance.

"Kenta, you seem to care a lot for Kim, am I right?" Charlie asked as he walked down the corridor. Kenta was surprised to see him and just nodded instinctively. He knew the special alpha and he soon realized that there was no reason to hide it from his new ally. However the reaction he got was quite unexpected. Instead of going away or saying something to comfort him, Charlie just sighed and looked down.

"What's wrong?"

"You can't hear him, right?"

"What are you talking about?"

"It is good that Kim has someone who cares for him. He's crying right now, I thought you deserved to know it, since you want to help him. It is even more obvious now why he tries to look all strong and cold. Do your best, ok?" Charlie replied and patted Kenta's shoulder.

Kenta's mind started racing at the thoughts of what could have made someone like Kim cry in the corner of his bedroom alone. The worst part was that even though he could clearly imagine the scene, Kenta couldn't talk about it to anyone else, especially Kim, who would have closed himself even more.

More hour passed, and eventually Pete left to get ready for the night. Everything in Way's room was dark. Suddenly, he felt the irritating noise of the door opening and a light coming right through. He looked at it and saw a tall shadow standing right there.

"I'm not going to give up that easily..."