Chapter 13

"Shit, we have to find another way..." the driver cursed as he noticed that the road was closed for work and so he had to stop the car and prepare to go back. Way looked around and recognized the area, he just had to find a way to get out of the car.

"May I get off for a moment? I feel like I'm going to..." Way started and acted like he was about to vomit inside the car. The henchman sitting right next to him had no intention of continuing the journey to the facility in a smelly car, so he asked the driver to wait a few minutes so that Way could puke on the side of the road, and eventually the other members of Tony's squad agreed.

They pulled Way out of the car. One of the henchmen was holding him from the rope they used to tie his hands, but he didn't notice that he was touching Way's hands too. Way used that moment to manipulate the man, asking him to untie him, and so he did. The rest of the group didn't notice, since they were standing a few meters away smoking a cigarette.

Way sneakily headed to the driver seat, but as his hand reached the door handle, he felt a sharp pain in his head. It was so intense that he cried in pain. The others finally noticed him and rushed to him to make sure that he couldn't escape, then they saw him faint onto the ground.

"Well, at least it will be easier to take him to Tony. Get him into the back of the car, hurry up" the head of the group ordered, and so a minute later they were on their way to the facility.

In the meanwhile, Sonic and North finally woke up. They ignored their headache and looked for their phones. Luckily the kidnappers didn't take them away. Sonic called Alan, who at first thought that they were just going to inform him about some complications of Way's condition.

"They kidnapped him..." Sonic started with trembling voice. Not only he felt guilty for losing Way like that, but also because he wasn't able to protect North at all, who seemed to be alone facing those aggressors. Alan gulped and for a moment he didn't know what to say, then he finally managed to put together some words.

"Do you remember anything else?"

"A group of three... or four men, I don't remember... they entered and knocked us out. We've just woken up and when we looked for Way, he was nowhere to be found. I'm so sorry... sorry..." Sonic said stuttered as he started crying. North quickly pulled him closer and hugged him tightly.

"Don't worry, Sonic, we will find him. Let me inform Pete" Alan finished and hung up. He typed Pete's phone number and surprisingly the young CEO picked up after the phone rang once. Pete simply couldn't fall asleep that night.

"What's wrong?" Pete asked.

"They kidnapped Way. We don't know who can be, Sonic just told me that it was a group of three or four men" Alan explained.

"I see..." Pete responded calmly. Alan was shocked to notice that Pete didn't seem surprised at all by the event.

"What do you mean?"

"Kenta and Kim are here... I know for sure that Kenta was on that bridge tonight, he tried to take Way to Tony but it didn't work, so it is almost obvious that Tony sent someone else to finish the job."