Chapter 19

"Are you sure you're alright? Do you want to postpone our meeting?" Tony asked as he poured some liquor into his glass. He couldn't know he was right and wrong at the same time: sure, Charlie looked particularly uneasy, almost sick that morning, but it was because of what he saw just a few moments before that meeting. No matter what Tony told him about future projects and plans, his mind was still stuck in that corridor, close to the unbearable pain Way was enduring in that room. Charlie quickly shook his head and bowed a little, then he finally replied:

"I apologize, sir, I didn't mean to be impolite. Would you mind repeating what you were saying? I promise I will pay more attention this time, sorry again" Tony was surprised to see his most efficient agent distracted, but that feeling faded away rather quickly, as he was very happy to explain his projects all over again.

"Hey Alan, do you mind taking care of this trouble maker? Pete will need someone who actually knows the plan of the building" Kenta said as he was having a hard time calming Babe down. Alan quickly agreed and got to the back of the car.

Pete and Kenta took a ladder and some tape, considering there was another person in the room with Way. They climbed up a wall and jumped to the other side. Kenta tried to remember where Way's room was, then he signaled the way to Pete, who followed him immediately. They arrived underneath the window, looked around and as the area was empty, they put the ladder and climbed up to the window.

"Way, stop whining, I'm the one in the worse position after all..." the alpha said, trying to force Way to stop crying. All his efforts made sure that he was too focused on Way to actually notice what was going on in his surroundings. In fact Pete slowly and silently got closer and closer to the alpha, then he pressed his left hand on his mouth and with his right arm he held him by his neck.

"Hurry up, lock that door" Pete ordered to Kenta. He knocked out the alpha before he could see them, then he tied his hands and legs with the tape and put a piece of it on his mouth too, so that he couldn't alert the guards outside.

"Way, Way... we're here, Way..." Pete said softly as he came closer to Way, whose eyes were still closed in fear.

"Kenta, climb back down and make sure the area is still free. I'll help Way" Pete added while he put his jacket on Way's shoulders when he finally managed to sit up.

"Way... we have to go..."

After those words, Way clung to Pete as hard as he could and started crying.

"Charlie? Are you waiting for something in particular?" Tony asked. Charlie didn't know what to answer, then a henchman approached Tony and whispered in his ear, thinking that Charlie couldn't hear him.

"We noticed a van nearby. What should we do, sir?"