Chapter 8

"What could he possibly offer?" Way asked, then his confused expression turned into fear as he saw Kenta's smirk. Tony's henchman walked closer to him, forcing Way to step back, unfortunately, there was no way to go anywhere, so he could only stick against the railing of the bridge. He wanted to jump off the bridge, he could do it now, but he wanted to do it when he was ready, not because someone was forcing him to do so.

"Don't tell me there is nothing you wish. You know, it is quite difficult to understand why such an handsome man like you has never had a lover, maybe you're not interested in love... or maybe..." Kenta stopped, knowing that a meaningful silence could be much more useful than other empty words.

"Or maybe you should tell Tony that my love life is none of his business" Way replied. Kenta didn't say anything, he just walked closer to him waiting to get another reaction.

"Why is Tony so interested? What does he think he can get from me?" Way asked.

"I knew that curiosity could give us some more time to discuss. Why don't you ask him yourself? Follow me, then you will get to choose, although I'm pretty sure you could figure it out already" Kenta responded.

"I see... I guess that both of us won't get what we want..." Way added and turned, trying to climb up the railing and jump off. Kenta's confident expression changed, he grabbed Way by the waist and attempted to pull him back.

"Stop!" Kenta shouted while Way tried to get free. Eventually, Way managed to touch him and repeated his order. Kenta felt a weird rush of emotions and eventually loosened his grip. Way hit him in the face with his elbow, making sure he would be too busy dealing with the pain of a broken nose than anything else.

Way turned back to look at the water underneath, he got past the railing, his hands behind his back, ready to let himself fall. He looked up at the dark night sky, only dark clouds could be seen. There was nothing more in that world for him, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Way!" Pete shouted. Before he could open his eyes, Way heard the sound of a car going away and some other stopping right behind him and people getting off of them. Babe, Charlie and the rest of the team tried to come closer to Way, but Pete raised his hand, trying to keep them away, fearing that so many of them coming closer and closer could just make Way hurry.

"Way... come back here... please... whatever you could have ever done... we can fix it... just give me your hand" Pete said trying his best to use a calming tone, no matter how hard it could be.

"I'm sorry, but you're wrong about that... I've always blamed the others for my own mistakes, it's time for me to pay"

Before anyone could add a word, Way let himself fall into the water below. Pete was too far from him to grab his hand in time. Jeff closed his eyes, feeling the weight of a life on his soul, while the others shouted Way's name and rushed to the railing. When Alan turned to see where Pete was, he only saw a jacket on the ground. He looked back at the river and saw two people emerging.

"I could use some help here!" Pete shouted as he tried to reach the shore while pulling Way.