Chapter 28

Way's eyes widened as he finally managed to see who was standing at the door. He could see the way those glasses were shining in his dark room. Way sat up but after that he felt like he couldn't move anymore. Charlie walked closer and closer, Way's heart kept accelerating until Charlie could hear it easily even without using Babe's senses.

"Charlie... why are you here? I've already told you that I'm not going to give you my ability" Way said with the most resolute tone he could pull out, but Charlie didn't care at all. He came closer and closer until he was right next to Way's bed. The poor guy knew that he wasn't going to force him to go out of that room with words.

"Don't touch me... I'll shout if you try anything like that" Way added, but his voice sounded much more scared than resolute this time. Charlie smirked at him and chuckled a little, he looked at the slightly opened door and then he leant closer to Way's face.

"You will shout... I see, well, sorry to burst your bubble, but nobody will come to the rescue" Charlie responded with his face so close to Way's, that he could feel the warm breath on his skin. Way shook his head, he couldn't believe a word of what he was saying, the rest of he team and Pete were still at home after all, why wouldn't they rush to him?

"Wh... what are you talking about?"

"Don't act all innocent, you know what I mean. Nobody will rescue you because nobody cares about you. My poor... little... pathetic Way... who would willingly take care of someone like you? It is time you give your power to someone more worthy than you, you don't deserve it at all" Charlie added and forced Way to lay on his back. Then Charlie got onto the bed and pushed even harder on Way's wrists.

"What are you doing!?"

"I'm going to take everything from you, I will make sure that you won't even remember ever having that power at all. This is what you get for trying to manipulate Babe" Charlie responded.

"B... but I swear that I won't do that again! For real! I'm sorry... I'm really sorry... please... go away..." Way begged.

"Look at yourself, you have such a strong power and you didn't even get to make Babe fall in love after ten years... can you be even more pathetic than this? To be honest, I feel a little bad for you..."

"Well, you should! You have no right to take my ability away from me!" Way hissed back.

"No, not that. You are so useless that you don't deserve such a power. I feel bad because you will lose the only thing that made you interesting. Imagine your life after you will lose your power to manipulate you, nobody will ever fall in love nor care for a person as pathetic and useless as you"

Way could feel his power flowing away as Charlie pronounced those words, then Way's lips instinctively added:

"Pete..."

"Pete? You think that Pete loves you? Poor little Way... he just wants to use your power in his business. Your best friend, the man who knew you for ten years didn't fall in love with you, why should someone else do it? Now keep calm, it is almost over..."

Way slowly closed his eyes as he heard a distant voice call his name.