Chapter 24

"So? What do you want to do?" Charlie insisted, certain that he was doing the right thing. He didn't really like Way and as soon as he discovered his power, he understood that he was using it on Babe, so taking his power meant that Babe couldn't be manipulated by Way anymore. At the same time, Charlie knew that Tony only wanted Way for his special ability and so if he wanted to help him, he just had to take that from him.

Despite his good intentions, Charlie couldn't notice that Way was frightened. That behavior managed to unlock a recent memory, making Way relive his recent trauma. The more Way looked at Charlie, who came closer and closer, the more he thought about the alpha that attempted to rape him in Tony's facility.

"I... I don't want this..." Way said as he tried to move further away from Charlie, who kept getting closer.

"Way, I just want to help you, this is the most efficient way to get rid of Tony once and for all. He won't look for you anymore! Listen to me, please..." Charlie asked, but Way didn't want to listen to him. He moved even further away and eventually fell from the bed, he covered his face with his hands and started shivering in fear.

"I beg of you... go... go away... don't touch me..."

"Way, I didn't..." Charlie said with a worried look as he realized what was actually happening. He stood up and walked to the other side of the bed to calm Way down, but it wasn't working at all, it actually made it worse, as Way now only saw a towering figure in front of him.

"Please... don't touch me... I'll be a good boy... I'll be a good boy..." Way repeated as he started crying. Charlie's eyes widened in shock and he covered his mouth with his hand as he stepped back. For a moment he thought that it was just an act, but then Way's cry for mercy sounded terrifyingly real.

"I'm not touching you, Way... do you see it? I'm far from you, I will not harm you, I swear..." Charlie said softly as he walked closer to the door, but despite his attempts to fix his mistake, nothing seemed to calm him down.

Pete and Babe, hearing the loud noise as Way fell onto the floor, rushed upstairs. They were petrified as they saw Way hiding in a corner shielding his head with his arms.

"Way... Way, you're safe here..." Pete started.

"I'll be a good boy... don't hurt me..."

"What happened here?" Babe asked annoyed and turned to Charlie.

"I... I asked him if he wanted to give his power to me, so that Tony wouldn't look for him anymore, but then he... he got scared... I swear I did nothing, Babe, you have to believe me"

"I'm not a useless son... I'll be better... stop it please..." Way added, and it was then that Pete realized that the recent trauma was getting mixed with something older, deeply buried in Way's past.

"Way... you're a good son... there is no reason to hide... we're very proud of you" Pete whispered softly and he was surprised to see how it worked as Way stopped covering his head and looked at him.