Chapter 4

The doctor's visit was incredibly fast, so fast that Pete arrived when it was already over. Despite that, Jeff preferred to stay until Pete's arrival, Alan didn't think about that, but then he decided to stay by his boyfriend's side, there wasn't really much he could do, but it was better than nothing. Pete asked a nurse at the reception for Way's room, she pointed at a long corridor on her right and Pete soon noticed Alan in the distance.

It was the first time Alan saw Pete without his usual calm and confident attitude. Pete noticed the closed door and wiped the sweat off of his forehead, then he asked Alan if he had any news.

"The doctor said that we don't need to worry at all. Apparently Way was stressed and forgot to take his pills... I didn't even know he was taking pills at all, but I don't think it is the right time to talk about that. We can take him home as soon as he wakes up" Alan explained.

"You knew about it, didn't you?" Jeff asked. Just like Alan, Jeff didn't know about Way needing anxiolytics, so he was quite surprised that Pete, who was already pretty worried, didn't react at all when Alan mentioned those pills. Alan turned to his boyfriend with clear confusion on his face, then he turned back to Pete only to see him nod in response.

"You knew? How?" Alan asked even more perplexed.

"He was drunk.. I found them when I took him home" Pete responded, trying hard not to show the sadness he felt during that time.

"And you didn't tell us anything!?" Alan's tone rose higher and angrier, he got closer to Pete, gone was the thought of him being the sponsor of his team, he didn't really care about his importance for his career, he just wanted answers and he was ready to get them even with violence if necessary. Jeff pulled his sleeve down, trying to remind him of the place they were in.

"I'll be honest with you, I didn't think about it. I couldn't even know that you weren't aware of it" Pete's calm and reasonable answer managed to calm Alan down, who quickly apologized for his impulsive behavior. As the situation stabilized, Jeff turned around. He looked at the reception desk and noticed a tall figure talking to a nurse. As the man turned to leave, Jeff managed to see his face. He felt like his heart skipped a beat as he recognized Kenta, who luckily enough didn't see him back.

"Wh... what happened?" Way asked as he woke up. His head didn't hurt as much as before, he turned around confused as he didn't wake up in the same place where he fainted, then he heard the sound of the door opening and people rushing in.

"Are you alright now, Way? The doctor said that it was just stress... do you feel better?" Alan asked, trying to avoid the part regarding his anxiolytics for the moment. Way nodded and smiled, but before he could ask anything, Jeff approached him too. He put his hand on Way's forehead, pretending he was trying to check if he was still feverish, but with other intentions in mind.

Alan looked at Jeff and noticed the same terrified expression on his face he saw at the garage. The future still didn't change.