Chapter 38

"Good evening, Babe. It is such an honor to see you here again. I'm sure that you will see that our hospitality has quite increased" Tony said with fake politeness as he met Babe in the basement. This time Winner didn't want to risk anything, so he asked Tony's bodyguards to lock the young racer in a dark room in the basement, just like when they arrested Kim. Dean was feeling increasingly uncomfortable as he had to stand there and watch his friend getting treated like that. Sometimes he turned to Winner, hoping to see some mercy in his eyes, but he only found satisfaction.

"Oh for sure... you fucking bastards... you can keep me here as long as you want, you will soon find out that I'm useless to your cruel breeding program" Babe hissed back and spitted on the floor, getting quite close to Tony's expensive shoes. Tony quickly connected that statement to what he saw in the cameras, where Charlie seemed to have better reflexes than Babe.

"You mean..."

"Yes, you finally got it, I don't have my special ability anymore. Your stupid lackey got the wrong prey" Babe replied and laughed as hard as he could, his sole purpose was to annoy Tony, he didn't care that it could worsen his situation, he just wanted to shatter any remnants of his programs. Tony grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer.

"Who got that power? It is Charlie, right? Talk!" Tony shouted. Babe smirked, he knew that Tony already had the answer, he was just playing with him, trying to steam out his frustration. Then he pushed him away, making Babe fall on his back. He looked at him up and down and a devilish grin appeared on the businessman's face.

"You're right... I can't use you to have children... but you can still make me get a lot of money" Tony started.

"What are you talking about?" Babe asked.

"You think that I only have clients willing to buy children? I admit that it is the major part of my business, but I have a pretty long list of people who would pay a lot just to be by your side for an hour of personal pleasure. A few days of non-stop work and I will get the same amount of money I would have gained by selling you for your special power" Tony explained.

Dean immediately turned to Winner, he grabbed his shirt and forced him to face him.

"What the hell does it mean? That wasn't part of the deal! You said that nobody would have gotten hurt!" Dean shouted. Winner didn't say anything, he hated Babe so much that there wasn't something cruel or disgusting enough to make him question the plans of his boss. Tony, on the other hand, seemed quite irritated by Dean's behavior, so he decided to intervene:

"Dean, there is no reason to freak out. Winner was right, Babe isn't going to get hurt, he will just work for other people's pleasure, there is nothing wrong with that. It is surely less dangerous than being a racer. If you don't like this, I suggest you go and wait outside my office, we will discuss your reward as soon as I'm finished here"

Dean turned one last time to look at Babe. This time, while Babe was still glaring at him for such a terrible betrayal, Dean looked sorry, he couldn't bear the guilt of such an action, and he knew that he had to find a solution if he wanted forgiveness.