Chapter 46

"Pete... I know it's late but... do you mind if I ask you for a favor?" Way asked. It was really late, but everyone had been awake until that moment because of Babe's return. Pete was also worried because Dean explained to him about Winner's help and he knew that he would have faced the consequences of his actions. However there was nothing that would have made Pete refuse any of Way's request, so he just moved an armchair closer to Way's bed and nodded in reply.

"Can you... hold my hand until I fall asleep?" Way asked softly. He was ready to pretend to be asleep so that Pete didn't really have to spend that much time on the armchair, he was doing that just because he wanted to feel Pete's warmth, that characteristic made him feel so good so easily and he was quickly getting addicted to it.

"Sure" Pete responded with a cute smile. Way was actually surprised when, as he woke up in the middle of the night and found Pete asleep and still holding his hand. He couldn't help but smile, feeling like the luckiest man alive despite all the adversities, then he closed his eyes again and quickly fell back asleep.

The following morning, Pete woke up as Kenta shook his shoulders. The CEO looked around, and as he found the bed next to his armchair empty, he turned to Kenta, who quickly understood the implicit question and simply replied:

"Way is downstairs having breakfast with us, he said not to wake you up, but it is quite late and you have to eat something" Pete nodded as he heard those words and slowly murmured a thank you to Kenta. He stood up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. Pete was a little confused when he found the bodyguard still waiting for him in the corridor.

"Kenta? Do you want to tell me anything?" Pete asked.

"Yes, when do you plan to make your next move? I've already provided the evidence you needed to frame Tony, I guess it is time to use them" Kenta responded.

"I see... well, I couldn't use them until now, we both know what levels of cruelty Tony can reach, and exposing him while he had Way or Babe was too risky, but I suppose you're right, we can do something about it now." Pete replied, although he still felt a little too tired to discuss such important matters right after waking up.

"Very good, I'll tell Sonic and North to prepare" Kenta added.

"No! Wait, you can't do that. If it was risky for Way and Babe, it will be the same for Winner too! You can't let Tony keep him, I beg of you..." Dean intervened as he overheard the whole conversation.

"What are you talking about?" Kenta asked.

"Babe and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Winner. It won't take long for Tony to discover that he let us go. Maybe he already knows it" Dean replied.

"Dean, we can't wait any longer" Kenta interrupted him and pushed him away to get to Sonic and North.

"You did everything for Kim because you liked him! Why shouldn't I do the same!?"