Chapter 15

"We have to move fast" Kenta thought out loud. He was on his way with Pete and Kim to the garage of the X Hunter team the morning after Way got kidnapped. Kim already knew what Tony's henchmen were able to do, but he scared that since they couldn't kill Way considering his value, they could do much worse to him. Pete, while driving, turned for a moment to look at Kenta, who seemed very preoccupied.

"What do you think that can happen, Kenta?" Pete asked. Kenta sighed and rubbed his forehead in frustration, then he looked back at the landscape and then he turned to see Kim, who was visibly uncomfortable at the thought of what Tony's men could be able to do. Noticing that Pete wasn't going to let that question slide, that he wanted an answer, Kenta said:

"I thought I had already explained how Tony uses those whom he calls his dear adoptive children... however, I thought about something tonight. I know how Way feels towards Babe, I know it very much because it has been like this for ten years. I suppose that Tony will do his worst just to turn Way's devotion for Babe into something more sinister than that... and to do so he has to break him"

"Break him?" Pete asked. He didn't really want him to respond, those words came out instinctively from his mouth, even though he was perfectly aware of what Kenta meant by that sentence. Kenta wasn't stupid and understood Pete's feeling, so he just responded with something else that could still be useful to their situation.

"We have to move fast, Pete. It is true that an hypothetical child from Way and Babe would make Tony's clients go crazy, but despite his arrogance, Tony knows how to do business. Way is a perfect Enigma, he has an ability that would make investors spend a fortune just to have someone with that ability alone... and surely Tony has a lot of alphas that could..."

"I see. Well, here's the garage. I'll tell you how you got to my home, so that they will possibly trust you, then you can explain the whole thing yourself" Pete said and parked his car in front of the garage.

Alan saw Pete and immediately waved at him cheerfully, as if he had saw the reinforcements he desperately needed. That happy face disappeared after he saw Kenta and Kim getting off the vehicle, and for a moment the thought that Pete could be on Tony's side crossed his mind.

"Calm down, Alan, they are with us. I hope the team is inside, we have a plan to discuss" Pete exclaimed an patted Alan's shoulder, who didn't seem to trust the other two guests that much even after Pete's words.

In the meanwhile, Charlie was doing his best to stay away from Babe, even though they were both at the garage. He didn't really like Way, but he felt bad for what could happen to him in Tony's facility, so he wanted to have some time alone to think about a possible solution to that problem.

Babe, on the other hand, seemed just as impulsive as always, the way his anger interrupted any moment Charlie was using to think weren't helpful at all and only raised the level of frustration in everyone.

Sonic and North were the members that suffered the most for their failure, because no matter how Alan tried to convince them that they couldn't do anything against Tony's henchmen, they still thought that they could actually have a chance if they were more prepared about that eventuality.