Chapter 42

"Are you sure it is a good idea?" Pete asked as he saw Kenta behind the kitchen counter pouring a generous amount of liquor into his glass. Kenta pretended he didn't hear that and drank the whole thing, then he turned to the sink to wash the glass, hoping that Pete would have eventually gone away on his own. It didn't work, since Pete even came closer to him, leant on the edge of the counter with his arms crossed on his chest, waiting for a reaction.

"I'll pay for that..." Kenta said, referring to the liquor. He meant to do that anyway, that's why he looked for the one that could be possibly cheaper. Pete chuckled a little and shook his head, then he finally stated his intention clearly.

"You can drink the whole bottle if you want, but I need your help first. I want to offer that flash drive to Tony to get Babe back. You worked with him, do you think he will accept?" Pete asked, referring to a small USB flash drive Kenta brought along when he helped Kim escape. It contained some data regarding Tony's traffics and most importantly some camera records. Kenta thought it could be a good insurance for him and Kim at the time, although he realized way too late that Tony couldn't know that he possessed such evidence.

"Probably not. What would you do if you were him? How can he make sure that you will destroy the evidence once you get Babe back? No... he won't accept..." Kenta responded, Pete nodded and was about to leave, when he heard Way's rapid footsteps down the stairs.

"Way, what's wrong?" Pete asked perplexed.

"It's Babe! Babe has escaped! I saw him from the balcony!" Way said feeling all relieved. Pete felt a burden get away from his chest, then he rushed to the entrance and saw Babe and Dean. He let them enter while Way went looking for Charlie, knowing that Babe's return would have made him feel better, he couldn't quite recall when he started caring about Charlie though, although it was much more pleasant to care about him rather than to hate him.

Kenta didn't feel like cheering, the alcohol was kicking in, so he headed upstairs, where Kim was already laying in bed. Kenta thought he was asleep, so he tilted his head slightly to the right and with a cute smile he said:

"So cute..."

Kim shivered, he sat up and glared at Kenta before telling him with the most annoyed tone he could pull out "Don't call me like that, clear?"

Kenta chuckled and got closer to the bed, he then reached out for Kim's waist and jokingly rubbed it like he would have done with a cat's tummy while saying:

"Why not? You're so cute little Kim"

Kim instinctively slapped him. As he realized his deed, he stood up and stepped back, his eyes were wide and he gulped. He looked down before mumbling:

"Sorry... I... I don't know why I did that..."

Kenta didn't say anything, he just moved his hand up and down the slapped cheek, while looking at Kim confused.

"Sorry..." Kim repeated with his eyes closed as he shook his head once, as if he was trying to get rid of an unpleasant thought.