Chapter 36

"Anyway, nobody is going to get hurt, Dean, there is no reason to act defensive. Tony wants Babe to listen to his offer, but since your so called friend doesn't want to meet him, my boss has to adopt different measures. Trust me, it will be a fast, easy and clean job" Winner explained.

"I don't want to do it..."

"Don't tell me you really want to work like this... poor Dean, you're wasting your talent in this shithole. Trust me, help Tony and he will help you build the future you truly deserve... a future for both of us" Winner quickly replied, eventually managing to convince the young racer.

A few hours later Dean went to Babe's house, he was conflicted, he knew he could mess up Winner's plan in a moment, but at the same time the offer was more than he could have ever wished for. He knocked on the door and soon Babe went to welcome him. Babe opened the door and looked at Dean from head to toe, he wasn't really happy to see him and that was quite noticeable.

"Hello Babe..." Dean started shyly.

"Hello Dean... why are you here? If you want to talk to Alan, he isn't here... but I don't think that he will change his mind about you after what you've done" Babe responded.

"I... I just wanted to apologize... may I come inside?"

"Apologize? And you think that just words will be enough to fix the mess you did? Listen, just go away and continue on your path, don't annoy me any longer..." Babe added as he tried to close the door, but Dean managed to get into the building anyway.

"I said go away! I already have enough problems on my own" Babe shouted.

"Tony wants to kidnap you" Dean responded.

"What? Why are you telling me this?" Babe asked confused. Dean gulped, he covered his face in shame as he walked in the large living room of Babe's house, then he stopped by the window and turned away from Babe, who was getting more and more nervous and annoyed.

"Winner came to the restaurant where I work... he said that he wants to kidnap you but... but I..."

Babe sighed and went to the kitchen to give him a glass of water, he wasn't sure if he was doing that because he pitied him or if there was another reason behind that, but he still tried to help him talk.

"I was envious... I admit it... you're so talented and everyone wants you... but... but I would never help them hurting my friends... I'm sorry..." Dean repeated crying as he hugged Babe tightly, so tightly that he almost couldn't breathe, until he felt something hard hitting his head.

"Good work, Dean..." Winner said as he passed through the window Dean unlocked, then two henchmen managed to get Babe into their van parked in a secondary road behind Babe's house, far from the sight of Pete's assistant.

"He won't get hurt... right?" Dean asked as he turned to Winner.

"Obviously not, unless he refuses to cooperate" Winner replied with a smirk.