Chapter 3

The ambulance finally arrived, the nurse asked for a description of what had happened, and right when they were about to leave, Charlie approached them and gave them the little box of pills he found on the floor, explaining that they probably belonged to Way, although he couldn't tell when was the last time he took them.

"I'll follow the ambulance to the hospital. Jeff, do you want to come with me? Jeff?" Alan repeated as he noticed something weird in Jeff's reaction after the ambulance had left the garage. He seemed worried in that peculiar way of his, however Alan was too preoccupied to focus on other matters that weren't as urgent as Way's situation.

Jeff agreed and got onto the car with Alan. Charlie noticed that change too, he moved to the car to stop them but it was already too late. He took out his phone and immediately texted his brother, asking him the reason behind his reaction, knowing that Jeff usually tended to become befuddled after foreseeing tragedies in the near future.

"I'll try again later, I need to be sure first, I don't want you to get worried for no reason" Jeff responded.

"Could you call Pete?" Alan asked while driving.

"What?" Jeff asked confused.

"He's our new sponsor, he deserves to know when something happens to our team, right?" Alan replied. Jeff shook his head, he knew that there was something off and he wasn't going to let that slide, especially knowing that some certain actions, although still unknown to him, would have possibly led to the tragic fate he saw in Way's future.

"Don't play with me. If it was just like that, you would call him after the doctor's visit. Why are you telling me to call Pete?" Jeff asked with such a resolute tone that Alan remained almost shocked. He had seen Jeff being very straightforward and serious about other matters, but this time it felt different.

"Fine... I'm not entirely sure, but I think that Pete likes Way. He's kind, but I fear that he will not appreciate if we keep something like this hidden from him. Call him, please" Alan explained after taking a deep breath, finally accepting the fact that if he wanted to date Jeff, he also needed to be sincere all the time.

Jeff didn't add anything else, he called Pete and explained him everything, from Way fainting to the address of the hospital where the ambulance was headed. Pete felt his heart sink into darkness after hearing that, fearing that it could also be related to those pills he found when he took Way home after he had gotten drunk.

"Thank you, Jeff. I'll see you there" Pete responded clearly, he could be heard walking while talking, as he took his keys for the car in his courtyard.

"Kenta, I hope you have interesting news for me" Tony asked as he heard the footsteps of his assistant approaching while he was watering the plants on his desk. Kenta stopped a few meters away from his master and got ready to reply.

"I've seen an ambulance depart the garage of X Hunter team this morning. I still don't know who was the patient, but it will not take long to find out" Kenta responded.

Tony sighed and stood up.

"How many times do I have to repeat myself? I don't want incomplete information. Come back with a more detailed report, you better stop disappointing me unless you want to join Kim"