Chapter 20

"A van... check the identity of the driver and the passengers, then come back here to report. Make sure that our new guest is still in his room, you may go now" these were the words Charlie easily heard when Tony whispered in the bodyguard's ear. Charlie was doing his best to stay calm, he knew that they were talking about the van they were using for the rescue, it was just a matter of moments before they could realize that it was meant to take Way away from the facility.

Charlie drank the liquor in his glass and waited for Tony to continue his long explanation of his plans for the future. In the meanwhile, a guard was right outside the room where Way was supposed to be. He was supposed to check on him every now and then, so when he tried to open the door, he realized it was locked.

"You know the orders, you have to keep it unlocked" the guard remarked, but after hearing someone moaning from the inside, he just sighed, thinking they were still having sex, and didn't check any further. Soon he saw another bodyguard walking rather quickly in his direction.

"Are they still inside?" he asked.

"Yes, I heard some noises..."

"Heard?"

"Yes, they locked the door, those idiots probably believe that I enjoy looking at them fucking" the guard standing next to the door replied. The henchman sent by Tony was shocked, he immediately pushed the guy away and tried to open the door with his key. As he realized that it was useless, he kicked it a few times until it broke and opened. They found the alpha on the floor, he had woken up a few moments ago, he was the one moaning, since there wasn't much he could do with tape on his mouth.

"Alarm! Way has escaped! Inform Tony" the guard yelled after rushing back to the corridor. Thanks to Babe's special ability, Charlie could hear all the chaos that was going on upstairs, so he tried to get out of the building as soon as possible. He stood up and pretended to be sick, he put a hand on his stomach and said:

"I'm sorry... I did my best to ignore the pain but... you're right, we should postpone our meeting"

"Well, there is no problem, you can still keep me updated. Let's not waste more time then" Tony said, then suddenly a bodyguard burst into the room.

"Where are your manners?" Tony asked irritated.

"Sir! Way has escaped!"

"What!? Then find him and take him back here, what are you waiting for?" Tony ordered, and when he turned to look at Charlie, he realized his adoptive son wasn't there anymore.

"Ok Way, you're safe now..." Pete said softly as he fastened Way's seatbelt.

"Start the engine! Start the engine!" Charlie shouted to Alan as he ran to the van, chased by a few bodyguards. Babe sighed in relief as he saw Charlie, he reached out for his hand and grabbed him to pull him into the vehicle as Alan started driving away.