Chapter 12: Popping the Question

As I promised after two days you are getting your new update.Before this chapter I need to tell you something you should know about this story and I don't think that you guys know this so I am just making it clear.In this story Doniya is already married and she is going to have a baby.Her husband has gone out of country for business that is why she is living with Trisha.With out further a do chapter 12.

SAIRA'S (P.O.V)

I woke up at 9 in the morning.I went into Aisha's room hoping she is awake.I opened her door slowly and peeked in to see her dead asleep.I sighed and went downstairs to make some breakfast.After eating breakfast as I was cleaning up when my phone went off."Hello!" "Saira? It's Ali" "Hey Ali!What's up!" "Hey could you meet me in tat new restaurant were we went last week.I need to talk to you and it's urgent!" "Okay!I will meet you there in an hour!" "Okay!See you!".I hung up and rushed upstairs.

Ali and I used to study together in University in New York.I always used to have a crush on him .But I never really let him know that I used to treat him just like one of my friends.What if he doesn't like me like I like him? I don't want to ruin our friendship just because of my stupidity.I got ready after taking a bath.I started to walk tot hat restaurant it was really close to Aisha's place that is why I walked to it the lat time we went .I went in and told them Ali's full name (Which is Ali Sohail)They told me to go on the roof top of the building.I went upstairs to see Ali with violin players around a table with two chairs and Ali had his back towards me he was in a blue blazers and jeans.

"Ali!"I was amazed and shocked plus confused.He turned around "Ali!What is all this?" "Saira the day I saw you there was something special about you that I just couldn't figure out.But now after so many years I figured it out."he got down on one knee "Saira everything in you is special you are special.You don't know how glad I was to see you when you came to finalize the house for your cousin.I can't let you go again.So Saira Hassan will you marry me".Just then he opened a red velvet box and revealed a diamond ring it was so pretty.Tears started to drop from my eyes and my hand was on my mouth.I was going to say yes but then it came in my mind.What about my parents? "Ali I have to ask my..."before I could finish my sentence he filled it for me"Your Parents ? I already got my parents to talk to them and they said yes I would have never done this without both of our parents approval.So will you marry me?".I just nodded.He carefully took the ring out and placed it on my finger.

I hugged him as he stood up.After that we ate lunch as the violin players played soft background music.We discussed everything and he told me that our parents have already discussed everything.But we have to get married by the end of January cause he is being transferred to New York and they have a new house and everything for him.They even have a job for me.Everything is just perfect.I called my mom as I walked home to break the news to Aisha."Hey!Mom" "Congratulations on your engagement!" "He already told you!" "Yes!So I have to pack up for Bradford we are going to come on Saturday and Hassan(Saira's brother) will come with Saniya (Saira's brothers wife) and Rayan(Saira's brothers son).Mom what about my and Aisha's dresses.Does Aisha already know about this?" "No she doesn't have a clue about this!Plus for your dresses they are ready I will send you a pick for both of them so if you want anything with them you can buy it and for Aisha don't show her the picture or tell her it is a surprise for her." "Okay!I will talk to you later !" I said arriving at the front door of Aisha's house.I opened the door and ran to find Aisha unable to control my excitement.

I saw her in the kitchen and hugged her very tightly probably making it hard for her to breathe."Whoa!! Easy there Saira. What happened why are you so excited?Was the lunch that good?"she looked so confused.I held my hand up for her to see the ring on my finger .She stared at it and her mouth open wide with her eyes wide open like a deer caught in headlights.She bombarded me with questions "Who?How?When" I giggled at her over enthusiasm/excitement "Ali!When I came to the place he was there in a tux there were violin players around him and a table for two as soon as he saw me he got down on one knee and he just asked!".I explained with a big smile on my face.

"What about Phoopo (Fathers sister) Umarah and Phoopa (Fathers sisters husband (brother in law) Saad?" "I came here a month ago after taking a week off from work to see your house and finalize it so I hung out with these guys and stayed with Anna in her apartment.He asked mom and dad after I left straight from here to New York for a conference for another week."I looked down to hide my blush. . Suddenly I heard someone clear their throat from behind Aisha.I looked behind Aisha .It was Zayn as Aisha always used to talk about them and show me pictures specially Zayn's she has always had a crush on Zayn and I think that crush is developing into something bigger. I looked at Zayn ."Oh My god!Sorry Zayn!" Aisha said and he smiled a little.I think there is something going on"Saira this Zayn,Zayn this is my cousin Saira!"Aisha introduced us."Hey!" Zayn said waving a little ."Hi!By the way sorry you had to see our little girly session!"I was really embarrassed how did I not see him in the room .

"It's Okay!I am used to it I live with four women with just one man with me who isn't home that much!" he said laughing a little "By the way Congratulations!" "Thank You!You and your family should definitely come to the engagement even the boys they sound fun!Aisha has told me about your sleepover!".Zayn started to laugh"By the way how did you pick this giant up and carry her on you shoulder she is heavier than my little brother!".I said laughing a little Aisha looked at me and gave me a hurt look."Hey I am not that heavy we both together can't even lift Ahmad without breaking a bone each!" I just smiled. Zayn just laughed "It is Okay she is not that heavy.Of course we will come .When is it?".

I shoved my hands in my pockets "Well the wedding is probably a month away but the dates aren't fixed but the engagement is on Monday today is Friday so in two days!"I explained "What the hell Saira!Two days! I have nothing to wear!How am I going to get a dress ready in two days"she hit me in the arm lightly."Calm Down I talked to mom on the way here and she said that only my family is coming here for the engagement cause Ali's whole family is here and the wedding will also be here.Apparently in both of our families everybody knew about this except us.Our clothes are ready my mom sent me a picture of both of our dresses and they are really good trust me but it is a surprise for you!" "I hate this!I this so not fair!" "What ever! You both continue what you were talking about I am going to get fresh and set our appointments for tomorrow!" Before I went in my room I came out "Not too much fun!I am right here"I said wiggling my eyebrows ."Shut Up!"she tried to hit me with a pillow but missed.I went in my room and decide to make the appointments first just to be safe.