Chapter Thirty-Seven

TEN MORE CHAPTERS TO GO!

Chapter Thirty-Seven

Tuseday, May 15th

CARSON'S POV:

So many things was happening all at one-- Ethan being admitted from the hospital against doctor's advice, preparing for exams next month, my Debut in a few weeks, and basically trying to make my last two months of high school count-- that I didn't even realize that the whole week had gone by in a flash.

          And though half of the things I was doing was just stressing me out, I realized that having fun with the other half of my time made me obvious to every thing else. 

          For the past week, my friends and I have been going to Canada's Wonderland almost every other day after school. We figured that since we all had our season passes and how all of us would be busy over the summer break that we would turn our backs on our studies for a few hours and just have fun. For me, it wasn't easy though considering the fact that I have always been so used to just going home and studying but i had to admit, taking a moment to do what ever the hell you felt like was an amazing feeling-- it was either that or I was just loving the exhilarating feeling I got every time I got off a roller-coaster.

          "The hell? Why are the food here always so expensive?!" Simon complained as he looked at the menu at the nearest Pizza Pizza. "God, we already paid how much to get into this place and they're going to make us pay even more for just food? Rip-off!"

          I rolled my eyes as I turned away from my group of friends. "I don't want pizza, I'll just go get a funnel cake-- I'll be back, okay?" I said to them.

          Simon gave me a thumbs up. "I hope you get kidnapped," he jokingly teased.

          Gracie slapped his arm. "Don't be rude!" She scolded at him to which he only responded with a suspicious wink.

          "I hope you fall of a roller-coaster," I snapped at him.

          "Thanks."

          "You're not welcome."

          Just as i was about to turn around, Ethan walked right beside me and grinned. "Funnel cakes?" He asked, curiously. "Are they any good?"

          "They're amazing," I replied. "You wanna share one? They're really expensive but they're huge."

          Ethan nodded. "I'll pay--"

          "Wait, no, I will--"

          Ethan rolled his eyes as he laughed. "I'm the guy," he reminded me. "Let me just pay."

          I shrugged. "If you insist, Casanova," I teased.

          After buying a funnel cake nearby the Pizza Pizza, Ethan and I just decided to sit down beside the bridge and just eat it before the rest of the guys would do it before us.  As we shared the one plate, I couldn't help but look at Ethan from time-to-time in complete awe. Before he was admitted out of the hospital, he looked so bored and emotionless-- even... dead. But now looking at him-- his bright blue eyes gleaming with excitement as he looked around at all the other roller coasters-- the guy looked more alive then I had ever seen him before. It was a beautiful sight, to say the least.

          Ethan caught me staring at him but I didn't even flinch-- I only smiled larger.

          Ethan frowned. "Do I have whip cream on my nose or something?" He asked, slowly.