Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

                                               Wednesday, March 14th

"I am never eating at Gray's house ever again." Abbie let out a heavy sigh as she flopped down onto the couch and turned on the television.  After awhile, she turned her head in my direction and narrowed her eyes. "What were you doing last nigh, huh?"

"Why do you care?" I ask with raised eyebrows as I poured my coffee into a mug.

Abbie shrugged. "Mr. and Mrs. Gray told us you were Vincent." She said those were words as if there was a hidden question behind it. Though, because I was in a rush for school, I didn't have time to play Abbie's little games.

"So?"

Abbie let out a frustrated groan as she threw her pillow at me. "Do we have to go over this a second time?" She cried. "For Christ's sake, this is Vincent Gray we're talking about here--"

I grabbed my bag and rolled my eyes. "I'm leaving now," I stated as I put the lid of my mug on and headed towards the front door.  "Mom is just making a few errands, okay? Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone."

Abbie smirked. "Do you mind classifying stupid for me?" She asked.

I put a hand on my hip. I really wished I could stay home sick like my sister today. Maybe I should have considered eating whatever Mrs. Gray made last night if it meant getting sick and not going to school.  "Goodbye, Abigail," I said as I turned around.

"Bye, Anna."

And with that, I closed the door behind me.

Looking down onto my watch, I realized I only had ten minutes to get to the bus stop before it left me. Crap. I then broke into a sprint as I started to gulp down on my coffee. After taking the elevator, where I was stuck standing beside a man who smelt like he was smoking a certain substance, I quickly ran out of my apartment complex and into the cold air of March. The wind was howling furiously as I looked left and right before crossing the street. I looked down onto my watch and to my luck, I still had three minutes to spare before the bus came along. Not bad, I thought with a smug look on my face as I stood beside the bus-stop.

As I stood beside the bus-stop while sipping casually onto my coffee, I suddenly noticed something different. I stopped sipping onto my drink and slowly turned my head towards the bench a few feet away from me. There sat a young man, around my age, with his bent down reading a book. He had short brown hair that swayed a bit against the wind and a smooth complexion with a thick black rimmed glasses plastered onto his perfect nose. He was handsome, alright. But the question was, who the heck was he?

My thoughts came to an abrupt stop as the bus suddenly pulled over to where the young man was seated. He looked up with his blue eyes widening, a bit surprised, but shook it off immediately. I watched him very tentatively as he began to board the bus, his tall frame walking in long strides, and me following along. Once I was on the bus, I took out my coins and dropped them into the machine. The bus-driver nodded, "Thank you, ma'am."

I half-smiled. I then started to make my way around the rest of the people on the bus as the vehicle started to move. Making my way swiftly around them, I managed to get to the back of the bus where all the seats were taken. I frowned. Now I had to stand--

I didn't even finish my thought because my eyes then fell upon an open seat beside the young man who was reading at the bus-stop. I sighed as I walked up the steps and towards the seat. I then sat down, my eyes only looking forward. Within no time, familiar faces started to board the bus with each stop. One of them so happened to be Gracie. The minute her warm brown eyes found mine, she squealed.