Chapter Sixteen

[A/N]: This boring might be a little boring but the next chapter will be nuts ;D

Chapter Sixteen

Friday, March 23rd

The week went by surprisingly fast...

          Every day, Vincent had picked up me from school and started to make a habit off dropping me off back home. Of course, this action received many surprised looks whenever Vincent held out the car door for me to enter and exit from. We even got some people whispering as Vincent walked me to some of my classes. Yep, we were receiving more attention from the student body and I was for certain that there was already a picture or two already on the Internet of my old best friend and I standing by our lockers smiling or whatever, considering the fact that we had a few flashes go off by people's phones.

          And it was all because of my deal with Vincent.

          I hadn't been paying much attention to the Hollywood gossip in the last few days but it was unquestionable that there were already stories going around about Vincent rekindling his friendship with his childhood best friend and that the "friendship" was progressing into something more. After all, after Keri Richardson's segment about me being "Vincent's mystery girl", well, apparently it sent a lot of buzz to the media than I had expected.  That was the down side of the situation because now, everybody in school was this close to finally accepting the fact that, yes, Vincentn and I were a "thing". However, since the segment was filmed in the Harley's Diner, a lot of people have been coming lately to the diner. Some only came to see who was Vincent's mystery girl but it did't matter because the diner was still receiving customers and when there are customers, there is money.

          All in all, I was expecting the worst to come.

          Well, at least I still got to go to University afterwards-- that was what really mattered to me at the moment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Vincent and Carson sittiin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N ---"

          I punched Simon on the arm before he could even finishing that sentence. He then let out a loud squeak. "Ouch!" He retorted while rubbing his arm. "That hurts."

          With the roll of my eyes, I paid for our slushies as we started to make our way out of the convenience store. On our way towards the door, I tried to ignore the magazines with me and Vincent on the front cover. In the picture, Vincent was holding out the car door for me as he helped me stepped inside his car from school. He was looking at the camera with his thin lips formed into a grim line while my jet-black hair covered my face. God, how did I not notice somebody taking a picture of us?

          "Look, I'm sorry," Simon started to say as we began making our way towards Gracie house. It was four o'clock and we decided to hang out at her place. "It's just that I find this whole plan between you and Vincent completely ridicules."

          "Okay..."

          "I'm serious, you know!"

          I smiled as I looked up to my best guy friend. "You're like an over-protective brother, you know that?" I stated with a laugh. "You don't have to worry about me."