Chapter Forty-Three

[A/N]: FOUR MORE CHAPTERS! And oh, Wattpad is being stupid and it won't let me dedicate this chapter to anybody at the moment. When that's fixed, I'll be sure to dedicate it to one of you lovely readers! ;D

But before you carry on with the chapter, I would like to explain a few things about Ethan...

I know he may he have seemed very insignificant to the storyline because he very rarely showed up, but let me be the one to say that this was my fault. I got carried away with Vincent and Carson's romantic development and looking back, I sort of neglected Ethan. That is why when i go back to edit this story, Ethan will appear in more chapters and his friendship with trio (Simon, Gracie, and Carson), that way when new readers find out about his condition, it won't be as "random".

But I hope this chapter will finally get you guys to realize why I put Ethan here in the first place.

Ugh.

I just hope I really brought that out in this chapter.

If not....

EPIC.

FAIL.

Anyway, continue on!

- kelly_1231

Chapter Forty-Three

Friday, May 25th.

CARSON'S POV:

Prom.

What kind of girl would forgot about prom?

Well, that girl just so happened to be me.

Almost every class that I went to, I ended up being the only girl around because, well, the rest were probably at the hair and nail salon getting ready for the big night that wouldn't be happening for another handful of hours. Me, on the other hand, I was forced to attend all my classes in a depressed state because 1) I should have been doing all that girly stuff as well 2) I was forced to hear all the guys' conversations about their game-plan to get laid tonight, and 3) I finally realized that I didn't even bother buying a ticket the entire month it was on sale, which meant I, Anna Carson Lovette, would be watching a marathon of chick flicks with a bucket full of ice-cream in my hands because I was too stupid enough to get a freaking ticket in the first place.

Just peachy.

However, when I told Simon this, he only made me feel worse.

"You forgot about prom?!" He asked, laughing. We were in the cafeteria eating our lunch when he threw his head back and let out a walrus sound. "Sucks to be you!"

I munched on my chips. "Screw you," I spat out.

"Aha, can't you crash the party though?" Simon suggested, leaning forward as he stuffed a spring roll into his mouth.

"I guess..."

"But you're not the party crasher type, right?" Simon raised his eyebrows at me and grinned evily.

I frowned. "Sadly, yes."

"Boo, you whore!" Simon said, quoting Mean Girls. "Come on! Crashing the stupid thing is free! Do it! Have fun! God, don't be a stereotypical Asian and study for the exams tonight, okay?"

I stayed silent as I looked down onto my bag of chips.

Simon snorted. "What? Were you actually planning to study tonight?"