Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

Sunday, March 18th.

Now, I finally understood what Vincent had meant when he said, "Gossip spreads faster than a disease," because by the end of the weekend, almost every girl around the world was freaking out over the tweet Vincent posted on Twitter on Friday. When I logged onto my Twitter account, which I barely seem to use, I found that half of the girls in my school were apparently "broken-hearted" that Vincent had his eyes on another girl. As I scrolled down my time-line, I couldn't help but roll my eyes at each and every one of them. It wasn't till I stopped scrolling and looked at one of the tweets made by Jane Torres, the famous actress and model, that was retweeted by one of my classmates. It read: "I wonder who's the skank Vivi's interested in now."

"Really?" I whispered in disbelief. "How classy."

Out of curiosity, I checked Vincent's twitter page to see what his tweet actually said and a snort escaped from my mouth when I realized it was lyrics to "You and Me" by Lifehouse. It read, "I don't know why I can't keep my eyes off of you."

I snorted not because of what Vincent's tweet read, I snorted because of the fact that such a simple sentence could create such an uproar amongst teenage girls around the world. This just goes to show how really famous Vincent and Ever After was. I mean, did I really have the courage to show myself as Vincent Gray's "girlfriend" in a few weeks when there are probably billions of girls ready to shoot an arrow through any the head of any girl associated with the band members of Ever After? 

I sighed as i shut my laptop off and slumped back against my seat. "Desperate times calls for desperate measures," I whispered to myself. "It really does."

As I sat on my chair, I allowed for my eyes to close shut for a little bit. Outside, I could hear the rain pouring down heavily and there was something about the sound of it that gave me a sense of serenity. As I continued to sit, I started to humming to myself with a smile. It wasn't till after a few more minutes that I realized I had just created an actual melody. With wide eyes, I immediately got up from my seat, grabbed my lucky guitar, and jumped onto my bed. Out of habit, I made sure no one was peaking through my bedroom door and quickly extended my arm under my bed and grabbed a small tattered notebook that had all the lyrics of my personal songs and chords to play with the guitar written in it. Usually, I never seem to write in the notebook anymore because of my busy schedule, but whenever i had moments like these, it was crucial for me to write everything down. Why? Music is basically what kept me sane all these years.

 Just as i was about to strum the strings of my guitar, I looked up to the clock hanging on my wall. I had to work at the restaurant today at two in the afternoon to cover Luca's shift. Right now, it was ten in the morning which meant I had exactly four hours to create, or at least start, a new song.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Absolutely not."

"But you're a singer!"

With a sigh, I threw the dirty rag onto my shoulder after cleaning the counter-tops and turned to face Wanda. For the entire day, she had been raving on and on about this great idea to attract more customers. Turns out, that great idea of hers included people singing on that small stage at the right side of the restaurant where speakers, a guitar, drum sets, and a keyboard sat. Wanda wanted me to be the first performer for "Cabaret Night" at Harley's Diner.

"Are we even aloud to use those instruments?" i asked. "When I first started working here, Mr. Harley made it clear to me that those instruments were for decorations only."