Chapter Twenty-Three

Thursday, March 29th.

VINCENT'S P.O.V

Tomorrow, after school, Carson and I would be headed to New York City for the weekend. I was suppose to go to school today to discuss some things with her but after weeks of having a decent attendance record (for once), I believed I deserved a one-day break of school. Carson and I just decided we would meet up at the Harley's Diner after school. Besides, I didn't think I could face my old childhood friend after what I learnt yesterday....

          Carson liked me two years ago.

          She had an actual crush on me...

          I still didn't know what i felt about that and if Carson were to ever found out I sort of had a crush on her two years ago too, I believe she would be just as confused as I was now. After all, two years apart can make two people changed alot drastically-- that was what exactly happened to us.

          I didn't know if Carson still felt the same way about me now and if even she did, she was doing a good goddamn job of hiding it. As for me... I wasn't exactly certain about my feelings towards my old friend was either. As a matter of fact, I wasn't even certain about where Carson and i stood-- were we we friends? Were we enemies? What were we? Ever since I gotten back to Toronto, I don't think there was ever a day where Carson and I didn't bicker at each other like an old couple. But then again, it wasn't like she murdered me yet. That must be a good sign, shouldn't it?

          KNOCK! KNOCK!

          My eyes flickered opened as I pulled down my headphones to my neck. I then looked at my bedroom door and groaned. "What?" I shouted, annoyed.

          Matt poked his head into the door and snorted. "Just letting you know the three of us are headed to school now--"

          "Kay."

          "And," Matt continued as he rolled his eyes. "Maggie called in to tell you that since you have a day-off that you should go into the studio sometime today to record that guitar track for Say Something."

          I grimaced. Say Something was our latest single at the moment from our second album of the same name so I didn't know why I needed to record another guitar track for the same song. Matt probably took notice of my bafflement because he started to laugh. "The producers want to give the single a little something extra so the fans can buy it all over again, I think," he said. He shrugged. "I'm pretty sure they're just ripping them off but hey, at least you'll being something productive with your day."

           A groaned escaped my lips as I started running my hands down my face.

          So much for my "day-off." 

          After i got over the fact that I actually do something "productive" with my day, I looked up and sighed. "Is that all they want?" I asked. 

          Matt scratched his head. "I think Maggie talked about recording a bonus track for the album--"

          "Mother of god..."

          Matt burst into laughter. "I'm kidding, bro," he responded, holding his hands up in the air in defence. "They just want to you to go to the studio that's only a ten minute walk from here to record that guitar track. After that, I think they're just going to discuss that world tour we were suppose to be doing and that third album you and Jeremy are writing the songs for. And I believe that is it. But yeah, you and Maggie have some serious talking to do, my man. " Matt laughed as he closed the door. "Bye!"