Chapter Nineteen

[A/N]: GAAAHHH!

This is going to be a boring chapter but...yeah.

The next chapter, we're going to see the Jane again and what she's really like.

Anyways, you may resume reading.

_ kelly_1231

Chapter Nineteen

Monday, March 26th.

The drive to school with Vincent was quiet...

          Too quiet, almost.

          I turned my head to look at Vincent who had his eyes focused on the road ahead of him. He was also smiling as if he knew something that I did not. This irked me little bit because I knew Vincent was holding back something from me and for some odd reason, I was dying to know. 

          Once we reached the parking lot of the school, both of us stayed in Vincent's car for a moment or so before he finally decided to say something.

          "How would you like to come with me to New York City?" Vincent asked as he turned his head to meet my curious gaze.

          I didn't even blink. "No."

          "It's part of the plan!" Vincent insisted. "Do you think it's about time the world sees Vincent's mystery girl? Come on, Anna. The premiere of my friend's movie is on Friday and this will give you a chance to talk to some of the interviews and--"

          "Friday?" I echoed. "We have school, Vincent. We can't just hop onto a private plane and..." I slowed down a bit when Vincent started wiggling his eyebrows at me. "You have a private plane, don't you?" I asked in a monotone voice.

          "We''ll leave after school and be back before Sunday. Promise."

          I rolled my eyes as I slumped back against my seat. I then started to contemplate all the reasons why I shouldn't go to New York City with Vincent and all the reasons why I should go with him. My thoughts were all cramming together as i continued staring out the window. On one hand, I didn't really like the idea of going to another country alone with a guy, especially if that guy so happened to be Vincent. In my mind, I could literally imagine the pilot just jumping out of the plane because he or she couldn't stand the sound of me and Vincent's constant bickering.

          Yeah, I could literally come up with a thousand things that could go wrong with me and Vincent going alone to New York, however, there was a part of me that was absolutely dying to go anyways. And it didn't even have to do with the fact that the city was known for being the centre of the all things related to the media-- books, television, movies, and music especially. I could have been taking advantage of the fact that I was associated with one of the world's top musical talent, Vincent Gray, and find myself some music producer and try my luck as an artist as well. But no, I could have cared less about that. The only reason why I was dying to go to New York City was because my father was currently living there.

          I wanted to see him.

          I turned my head in Vincent's direction and sighed. "I have work," I said. "I can't just--"

          "Why don't you just quit?" Vincent interjected. "I mean, from here on out, everything's just going to get crazier." He raised his eyebrows at me. "Quitting your job might be a good idea, Anna."