Chapter Forty-Five

TWO MORE CHAPTERS TO GO! :D

Chapter Forty-Five

Friday, June 1st

CARSON'S POV:

"Um, excuse me, are you lost?" A voice a female asked from behind me.

Surprised, I turned around to see petite Filipino girl about nineteen or twenty holding a text-book in her arms. Once she realized that I was also of the ethnicity as her, her almond-shaped eyes widened with excitement. "Filipino ka ba?" She said, asking if I was I Filipino in Tagalog.

I half-smiled as I tucked the map of the St. George Campus in University of Toronto under my arm.   I was already in the building but I had absolutely no idea where the hell I was even going. To me, each hallway I walked into always seemed to take me back to where i started or somewhere completely random. Suffice to say, the whole University was a labyrinth.

"Opo," I replied, saying yes.

The girl squealed. "Are you a newbie here?" She asked, still excited. "I love newbies!"

I laughed. "Um, not exactly. I'm just trying to find the dean's office," I replied. I then quickly changed the subject by extending my hand to her. "The name's Carson. And you are...?"

"Jocelyn," she replied, shaking my hand.

The corner of my lips twitched up into a slight grin. "That's such a typical Filipino name," I stated with a laugh since a lot Filipino parents gave their child a name that started with a "J".

Jocelyn laughed. "Tell me about it," she said. Just as she was about to say something else, she paused for a moment to look at me more closely. "Oh my god," she whispered. "Are you Vincent Gray's girlfriend?"

"Ugh..."

"YOU ARE!" Jocelyn squealed. "Can i take a picture so i can post it on Instagram?"

I didn't even have time to answer because Jocelyn had already pulled out her iPhone from her pocket to quickly walk right up beside me and snap a picture of us. She then let out a cute giggle as she quickly edited the picture and posted it on Instagram for her, and eventually the whole world, to see. I probably should been annoyed but when I looked over Jocelyn's shoulders, I realized that the picture actually looked good.

Oh, the wonders of Instagram and its filters.

"Sorry about that," Jocelyn said, finally looking up to me. "Anyway, you're looking for the dean's office, right?"

"Yep."

"Come, I'll show you where it is."

Once Jocelyn turned around to begin walking, I quickly ran up beside her. "So how old are you?" I asked, trying to start a conversation. "You look like you're around my age."

Jocelyn smirked. "Is it because I'm small?"

"Wait, no--"

Jocelyn laughed as she put hand to my arm. "I'm kidding. Everybody always tells me that i look young for my age but if you must know, i am twenty-years-old," she responded.

My eyes widened as we a turn. "Really?"

"Really."

I smiled as we continued walking through the hallways. "So what are you studying?" I asked. 

Jocelyn raised an eyebrow at me. "I'm Filipino," she stated. "What do you think I'm studying."

"Something related to nursing?"