Chapter Two

Picture of Vincent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

                                                       Chapter Two

There was a time when Vincent was an actually decent guy and I remembered that time very vividly.

I remembered when Ever After were practising in his parents' garage and posting videos up on YouTube in hopes of getting recognized someday. Everything was simpler back then-- when Vincent and the three others: Jeremy, Erik, and Matt, were still down-to-earth. It still amazed me everyday how four amazing guys could easily be turned into such rich jerks. Of course, Vincent was far by the worst given the fact that he was always the centre of attention.

When their manager, Maggie James, discovered them through the wondrous thing called the Internet, she was determined to get Ever After to New York City as soon as possible. There, they started to play gigs that caught the attention of a famous music producer, Blaze Carter, that offered them a record deal. During those first few months of trying to make good impression on the music industry, Vincent remained the same. However, things started to change quickly change-- he stopped calling, he didn't answer any of my messages, and he was always claiming that he was either too busy or too tired. It then took only a couple of more months for the entire world to notice Ever After when Vincent started to get involved with the famous actress and model, Jane Torres. From there, well, the craziness of being in a popular pop-rock band took its toll.

Obviously, I was pissed off.

Having my best friend since first grade give me the cold shoulder just because he was becoming more and more famous with each day not only made me mad but hurt as well. It didn't even bother me at all that I didn't get any recognition for writing Ever After's first hit single, "Forever Yours", because Vincent was my best friend and the three others were like brothers to me. I wrote that song for them. However, what did hurt the most was that comment Vincent made about me on national television after a year of stardom when an interviewer had ask him about the picture that surfaced on the internet with only him and I in it.

I could remember overhearing the conversation as I did my homework while my annoying little sister watched the television. Everyone in my school knew that I was best friends with Vincent Gray but as the months went by, they could tell that our friendship was slowly dying off, which it probably was at the time.

 "Who is that girl?" The interviewer asked as Ever After sat in the red leather chairs.

I looked up to television just as an old picture of Vincent and I popped on the screen. I almost blushed because it was taken a few days before he and his band took flight to New York City. We were in the park and Vincent was giving me a piggy-back ride. He was laughing while  I was making a silly face at the camera. It was back during those days when I wore these thick black rimmed glasses that made me look like a typical Asian nerd. At the time, I didn't care the slightest bit but after watching that interview, well, it did make me care.

Vincent looked at the picture and shrugged. "Just a friend."

The interviewer who was a brunette smiled sweetly. "A lot of your fans are getting upset because they think something's going between you and that girl. I mean, look at you two. You look happy."

I was never caught up in the gossip of Hollywood so I didn't notice that I had angry girls throwing darts at my face. I was just glad they didn't know what my name was or else they would find a way to burn down my house.