chapter 20

I walk to Haru's house with a heavy feeling in my stomach 'what am I gonna tell him?' As I get closer and closer to the house I started to have second thoughts, but it was too late I was already ringing the doorbell. "Haru it's me (f/n) can you please open the door?" I didn't know if he could hear me or not but I hope he heard. As I was about to turn around and leave Haru opened the door wearing an apron and holding a spoon. "Hi...." I say feeling embarrassed "can I come in?" I say looking directly into his ocean blue eyes, he nods and moves aside to let me in. I walk through the door and head to the living room, Haru follows a few steps behind me we sit on the floor. And we. say. nothing. 'Gosh (f/n) just talk already! C'mon say something!!' After internally yelling at myself I finally open my mouth. "Haru...I...I'm really sorry for getting mad at you today. I know why you got mad too, you were trying to help me but I was to stubborn and caught up with the fact of finally being able to swim that I didn't see that I could've hurt myself more. I could've lost my freedom and I came here not only to apologize but to thank you for caring for me." When I was done talking I saw a faint blush on Haru's cheeks and when he noticed how much I was looking at him he turned his face to the side. "You're welcome." He then stood up, I was starting to get up too but was forced down by Haru. "Stay here.You can eat dinner me." He said blushing again, I just nodded and sat back down after a while Haru came in carrying two plates of rice and mackerel. "Arigato." I say smiling after we finished I helped him clean and was about to leave, until Haru said. "Let me walk you home, it's late." I stutter a small "yes" and we walk to my house once we get there I thank him again and start to turn around.

Haru's POV
As (f/n) turns around to go in her house I can't help myself "(f/n)." She turns around staring at me just looking into those beautiful (e/c) eyes makes me nervous. I move closer and peck her cheek her face cherry red, I could feel the heat rushing to my face. "I'm sorry too." I turn around and walk back home thinking about what I just did.