Chapter: 45 (Kim Mansion)

Author Pov:

The night has fallen, and Yn walks alone, glancing at the houses beside her. The sound of laughter echoes in her ears, reminding her of the moment she experienced just an hour ago.

Her eyes are fixed on her phone, but a feeling of disappointment settles in her heart when she sees no messages or calls from them.

Tears well up in her eyes, but she quickly wipes them away, forcing herself to keep moving even though she doesn't want to. She feels helpless, with no one to understand or help her.

She smiles at the wallpaper on her phone, which shows her husband hugging her tightly, both of them wearing big smiles. But this only brings more tears to her eyes, causing her feet to abruptly stop moving.

Yn: Why? Why? WHY?

She silently mouths these words, not wanting anyone to hear the pain she is feeling. Her cheeks turn red, and her eyes become even more teary. After a moment, she wipes her eyes again and continues walking as if she didn't just have a breakdown.

She receives a call from her family, but she can't find her voice when she hears In-Yeop's worried tone.

It hurts deeply to see the person you love most walking away.

Yn: Call?

She mumbles, not wanting to involve herself in any more problems. Just then, her phone rings, and she sees that she is receiving a video from an unknown number.

Debating with herself, she decides to end the call, but somewhere deep inside, her heart starts racing when the call rings again. She massages her temples and clenches her teeth.

Yn: Should I answer or should I not?

Just as the call was about to end, she quickly tapped the green button with her finger and let out a sigh of relief. She was on the verge of exploding with anger when she heard a voice she recognized.

??: Yn? Are you there? Can you hear me?

The person asked, and Yn closed her eyes, trying to identify the familiar voice she had heard before. Her mind raced in every direction, but instead of cursing, she opened her eyes and decided not to end the call when she heard the voice again.

??: Yn, it's Mason. Do you remember? Horny's partner.

She nodded vigorously as she listened to a painful scream, her heart breaking when she heard the voice again. It sounded similar to Taehyung's deep voice. Her palms became sweaty and she struggled to swallow.

Yn: Mason Oppa? Where are you, Oppa?

She heard him cursing and another painful scream pierced her ears, causing her eyes to widen. She felt scared standing there and doing nothing when she heard Mason's urgent voice.

Mason: Yn, don't stress, just come to your real house. And I mean your actual house.

By using the term "real," she knew exactly where she needed to go. With hurried steps, she booked a cab and rushed towards the designated stop. She was about to ask Mason something when she heard him grunting and the line went dead.

Yn: Is Oppa okay? Should I call someone? Eunwoo Oppa or In-Yeop Oppa? Urghhh...

She groaned as the cab arrived and instructed the driver to park a little distance away from her intended destination so that no one would notice or hear about her presence.

The thunder reverberates, causing her to shiver with each loud grunt. She winces as she hears another thunder, her heart racing in fear. She is scared, afraid of losing someone she loves deeply.