Allergies

Third Life

Grian x Scar

In Scar and Grian's house, a comfortable silence echoed through the halls. The happy couple rested on the couch in their front room. Grian lay with his head piled on Scar’s stomach while his boyfriend slowly stroked his hair like he was a cat.

“Hey G?” Scar said sleepily.

“Mhm.”

“Can we get a cat?”

“No Scar.” Grian sighed, “I'm allergic.”

“To cats!?” Scar cried, sounding outraged. “This might be a deal breaker in our relationship.”

“No!” Grian whispered, burying his face further into Scar's chest.

“I'm kidding, G.” Scar laughed. Grian wiggled up until he was lying in the crook of Scar's arm.

“I love you.” Scar whispered, kissing Grian’s cheek.

Grian sighed in disappointment when Scar pulled away. This caused Scar to kiss Grian again, and the avian chirped in happiness. Scar sighed. If not having a cat meant he could have Grian, he would gladly make the sacrifice.

*****

Scar walked past the Crastle, humming a little tune, and then he saw her. A grey and white cat, staring him down. The cat walked up to him and climbed right up to him like a tree. The cat settled on his neck and melted on him like jelly.

That's what I can call her. Jellie!

He didn't even think about Grian’s allergies. He was just absorbed by Jellie's eyes. Scar adjusted Jellie and took off running back to the desert, excited by his new find.

*****

Grian was making stir-fry for dinner when Scar came back from his visit to Cleo's.

“Hey Sunrise!” Grian called as Scar walked into the kitchen. “I'm making stir-fry. Would you like some peppers in it?”

“Yes please.” Scar said, coming up behind Grian. Scar wrapped his arms around Grian's torso, kissing his boyfriend's neck.

“Mhmmm. . .” Grian sighed, leaning back into Scar. “Ah-CHOO!” Grian sneezed and rubbed his nose.

“Grian are you alright?” Scar asked, looking worried.

“Meow.” Jellie said from the floor.

“Yeah I'm fine - wait, is that a cat?” Grian looked down at Jellie, and he sighed.

“Yeah this is Jellie!” Scar smiled.

“Sunrise. . .” Grian sighed, “Why is there a cat?”

“Jellie.” Scar corrected. “Her name is Jellie.”

“Scar. We can't have a cat.” Grian explained. “I'm allergic.”

“Pleeeeaseeeeee.” Scar begged, pulling out the puppy dog eyes. “We'll be good!”

“No.”

“Pleeeaseee?” Scar tried again, holding up Jellie for good measure.

“Oh. . .” Grian mused, “Scar, why would you do this to me?”

“Please Sunshine?” At the nickname, Grian crumbled and pulled Scar into a kiss.

Scar dropped Jellie on the floor (she landed on her feet) and wrapped his arms around Grian's neck. After a few seconds, they pulled apart, and Grian sneezed again.

“Oh G. . .” Scar sighed, “What are we gonna do?”

“Deal with it.” Grian replied, simply.

“How?” Scar asked.

“Lots and lots of Reactine." Grian smiled, kissing Scar again.

No matter how much the world threw at them, they would always love one another. Whether it was allergies or a full-scale war, their love would always prevail.

Thanks for reaaadingggg!

Star