Oh I Hate The Mimic (Phasmophobia)

GIGS 2.0

Phasmophobia

Please review the photo above to see what map our ghost hunters are playing on.

Need I say any more?

Grian walked into the ‘office’ as they called it and yet again wondered why they were always called up for the night shifts. He knew why. It was because they were the most competent among the whole company, but still, it was scary.

He walked past the reception desk, nodding to the man behind the counter. He nodded back, letting Grian walk through the set of door’s labeled GIGS. Grian pushed the door open and walked in, only to be greeted by screaming of the Skizzle variety.

“Yeah!” The yelling came from up on the second floor where all the games were. “I win, Deppledot!”

“Cheater!” Impulse cried, and Grian sighed, running a hand through his blond hair.

He tugged at the hem of his red sweater, hoping that there weren't that many houses to go over tonight. His dark brown eyes sparked with interest as he walked up the stairs to the game platform.

“Hey boys!” Grian greeted waving, and Skizz and Impulse turned away from their argument for a few seconds to wave back.

Grian sat down on a chair kicking up his feet on  a nearby table. He smiled as Impulse and Skizz bickered, their shout becoming less and less understandable.

“You little cheater!” Impulse yelled as Skizz tried to yell overtop of him.

“I'm not cheating. You didn't make any rules!” Skizz shouted back, waving his hands around wildly.

“You stood up on a chair to make the shot!” Impulse sighed, “That's like a basic ‘don't’ for basketball!”

“Hey, could we maybe not do this today?”

Skizz and Impulse turned to see an angry redhead standing at the top of the stairs. She carried a menacing aura, and a small smile accented her features. Skizz (ever the kiss up) quickly apologised and promised to help her out for the whole night. This was Gem. She crossed her arms and sighed, blowing a few of her flyaways around. She wore a green sweater and black tights. She had  sweet freckles dotting her cheeks and her nose, but her innocent aura wasn't fooling the other members of GIGS.

Skizz grabbed Gem's hand and dragged her down the stairs to the truck, where he showed her their goals for this ghost hunt.

“We've got to use a paraboldictacle for this one.” Gem said, absolutely butchering the pronunciation of the equipment.

“Escape the ghost during a hunt.” Skizz announced, and Impulse grabbed some extra smudge sticks from his stockpile.

“Capture a photo of a ghost.” Gem called, and Grian walked over.

“They don't want much, do they?” Grian asked sarcastically as he lay his head on Gem's shoulder and looked over the to-do list.

“Nope.” She sighed, “How many houses do we have to do tonight, Impy?”

“Only one.” He said, looking over to the board. “Number 6 Tanglewood Drive.”

“Alrighty!” Grian cried, dragging Gem over to the van. “Let's do this! Fire up the engine, Skizzle!”

Skizz obliged, running over to the driver's seat of the truck. Impulse followed, leaving Gem and Grian with a bucket of extra stuff to hang up on the walls. As the truck started, Gem pulled out a few smudges from the bin and sighed in disappointment.