My Red Flower

Look, I promised Flower Husbands, so you're gonna get Flower Husbands! Yay! This was so fun to write.

“Jimmy!” Scott yelled as he watched the explosion erupt in front of him.

“YES!” Grian cried, throwing his arms up in celebration. He let out a peal of manic laughter.

“OH MY GOSH!” Scar yelled, jumping up and down in celebration.

“Ren!” Martyn screamed as Bigb just looked on in surprise.

Jimmy! Scott thought in anger. They killed him!

“Jimmy has not only died once, he's now died twice.” Scott cried at Grian, shocked that the avian could laugh at a time like this. “This morning, he was green!”

Grian just laughed even harder, and Scar just looked in awe at his teammate. Bigb had a look of amazement painted on his face, and Martyn just stared at the spot Ren had just been standing.

Scott was barely present for the whole conversation after Ren and Skizz came up the mountain. All he could think of was Jimmy.

I have to get home.

“I've got to go and see Jimmy.” Scott called out as he started to walk down the mountain.

“I think I should come too, and like, apologise to him, maybe?” Grian laughed, clutching his stomach. “I'm still beaming.”

“Maybe it's best if I go alone for now.” Scott suggested, “Jimmy's never been one for revenge, but red names tend to be a bit less reasonable than greens or yellows.”

“Fair point.” Scar agreed, “I'd never meant for Jimmy to get hit, just Ren.”

“I'll pass on the message.” Scott promised, laying a comforting hand on Scar's shoulder. “Bye.”

Scott raced down the cliff and ran back to the flower forest as fast as his feet could carry him.

*****

As Scott arrived at the entrance to his and Jimmy's base, he carefully walked in, unusually scared of what surprises his base could hold. He looked around the flower forest and wondered where Jimmy would be. Scott made the obvious first choice and checked the canary’s underground base.

“Jimmy?” He called softly, looking left and right as he walked down the stairs.

When Scott arrived at the bottom of the stairs, he poked his head into Jimmy’s room only to find it empty.  He looked in Jimmy’s hidden room of allies and enemies, but he wasn’t there. Scott checked the secret behind the portal room, and he wasn't there either. The last place Scott could think of to look was in his base. It was unlikely that Jimmy would be there, but that was the last spot he could be.

Scott opened the door and walked in, looking around for Jimmy. His front room was empty, but as he walked into his living room, he found the avian. He was curled up in a ball on Scott's couch crying softly.

“Oh Jimmy.” Scott whispered, slowly walking closer to him.

“S- Scott!” Jimmy stammered, looking up at him. “W- why are you h- here?”

“This is my house, Petal.” Scott said, sitting down beside him, keeping his movements slow so he wouldn't startle him.

“Sorry.” Jimmy choked out, pulling his knees closer to his chest.

“Hey it's okay, Jimmy.” Scott whispered to the blond while he rubbed reassuring circles on his back.

Jimmy didn't respond. He just wrapped his arms around Scott and pulled him closer. Scott smiled softly as Jimmy buried his face into his chest, the canary's tears soaking through his white shirt.

“What’s wrong, Jimmy?” Scott asked, wrapping his arms around Jimmy’s back.

“I'm a red name now.” Jimmy sniffled, shoving his face even deeper into Scott's chest. “I'm dangerous.”

“Not to me.” Scot whispered, kissing the top of Jimmy's head.

Especially to you!” Jimmy cried, his fingers threading into Scott's.

Is his hand colder than normal? Scott wondered, gripping Jimmy's hand tighter.

“I'm cold.” Jimmy whispered, crawling onto Scott's lap. He lay his head on Scott's chest and wrapped his arms and wings around his torso, pulling Scott closer. 

“Here.” Scott said, grabbing a blanket and throwing it over himself and Jimmy.

“Scott you should leave me be.” Jimmy sighed, making no move to let Scott go.

“Why is that?”

“I'm a red, I'm a danger to you.” He looked up at Scott pitifully, a single tear spilling down his face. “I could kill you at any moment!”

“Jimmy, when will you learn, I'm not going anywhere. I love you.” Scott wiped Jimmy’s cheek, brushing away the tears. “Besides, you're my red flower. And poppies are my favorite.”

Jimmy blushed, and his wings fluffed up as Scott cupped his face, stroking his cheek with his thumb. Jimmy leaned into his touch, a small sigh escaping his mouth.

“Why don't you stay here for the night.” Scott suggested rubbing Jimmy's wings.

“Thank you, Scott.” Jimmy sighed quietly.

“Anytime Petal, anytime.” Scott kissed Jimmy's cheek, and the two fell asleep in each other's arms, as happy as two people in a death game could ever be.

I love Flower Husbands, thank you so much for the suggestion, I hope I did it justice!

Star