Sleep For Me

Double Life

Pearl x Scott

Okay, this is personally my favorite story so far, I hope you enjoy it!

Scott woke up early in the morning. Three AM wasn’t normal for someone who worked as hard as he did, but he needed to get some stuff done. He definitely woke up earlier than any other member in the Life Series, or so he thought.

This morning, he quietly walked down the stairs to his kitchen, trying not to disturb the peace of the morning. He opened the door to the kitchen and walked in, rubbing his eyes. Because he could swear that Pearl was sitting on his counter. She was eating a muffin, and the only reason Scott could tell it was Pearl was because she was looking at her communicator. The harsh light emitting from her communicator lit up her face in the dark, highlighting her eye bags. Scott sighed. He didn't want to deal with his crazy soulmate so early in the morning, but here he was.

“Pearl, what are you doing here?” Scott asked, and she looked up in surprise.

“Just stopped by for a bite to eat and to see my beloved soulmate.” She smiled and giggled in her crazy lady voice. “Anyway, I'd best be going.” She stood up and walked over to leave, but for some reason, Scott held up his arm to stop her.

She bumped into his arm dully, and after a second of hesitation, he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a hug. It took her a moment to react to his hug, but she just slumped into his arms and buried her face into his chest. Scott could hear faint crying, and he felt a stab of sympathy for the Australian.

Scott didn't know why he was stopping Pearl. He didn't want her in his house, but she looked so sad and tired. He was a little drawn to her, Scott knew that he was only being pulled to Pearl because of the soulmate thing, but he didn't want her to be hurt anyway.

“When was the last time you slept?” He asked, trying not to break the softness of the moment.

“I have no idea. . .” She whispered, pulling him closer. He sighed as she clung onto him, and then he just smiled, rubbing circles onto her back.

“Why don't we go back to your tower and get a little shut eye?” Scott suggested pulling away from Pearl but still keeping one arm around her shoulders.

“We?” Pearl asked, looking up at him, her wet eyes sparkling with smugness. “So we're a we now, yes?”

Scott struggled to speak, and her eyes shone with knowing.

Dammit, He thought, Why does she have to look so hot?

“No.” He managed to choke out. “I'm just coming to make sure you actually go to bed.”

“I don't need sleep. . .” She slurred as she leaned into Scott.

“Yes you do.”

“Nooo. . .”

“Fine.” Scott wasted no time in picking Pearl up bridal style and taking her upstairs. He carried her into his room and gently placed her on his bed.

His face was far closer to hears than he would've liked, but he took the opportunity to whisper in her ear;

“Now will you sleep for me?”

He laughed softly as she stiffened, but he never could've expected what happened next. Pearl wrapped her arms around his torso and pulled him down onto the bed with her. Scott froze and didn't know what to do, but eventually, he found a place to put his arms (around her back), and his breath fell into a steadier pattern. He didn’t know how long he spent lying there, but after a while, Pearl's breathing softened as she fell asleep.

Scott began to sit up, gently peeling Pearl's arms off of him, but she grumbled in discomfort as his warmth began to slip away. Scott's breath hitched, and he gently laid back down so as not to disturb her.

I’ll get up soon. Scott promised himself, When she’s asleep I’ll get up.

*****

Pearl woke up lying on her back. This was odd, as she never really went to sleep for long, and she could clearly see the sunlight peeking through the window. The next thing Pearl noticed was that she wasn’t in her tower, and someone had their arm wrapped around her torso. She looked down to see who it was, and she gasped when she stared down at Scott. His arms were wrapped around her body, and his face rested in the crook of her arm. He looked so peaceful with his eyes closed. His expression, which was normally cold and stony when around her, now was relaxed, and Pearl couldn’t help but notice how cute he looked. His cheek was smushed to one side, and his hair was messy and covering one of his eyes.

Pearl wished she could see more of Scott’s face, so she acted on impulse brushing the cyan stands away from his eye. She cupped his cheek and wondered if this was the start of repairing the relationship she’d tried so hard to pretend she didn’t want.

Yay! Another one done! For some reason, I've got Mean Girls on my mind. My school's doing valentines candy grams, so that might be why. I might do a Mean GILLS story soon, what do you think?