Be Ready To Decorate (Part Two)

Secret Life

Skizz x Gem

All the girls and Scott, Tango, and Skizz.

“Now what's next?” Gem asked from where she lay on the floor.

“Decoration!” Pearl said, sounding excited as she bounced where she sat.

“Oh no. . .” Skizz groaned, falling into a dramatic heap on the floor. Gem laughed at Skizz’s expense, and she just patted him on the back.

“Yay!” Tango cheered, “I've been looking forward to this manicure for a week!”

“Yes!” Scott jumped up and ran upstairs screaming back; “We need nail polish!”

“Ugggggghhhhh!” Skizz sighed, “Why did you do this to me, Tangooooo?”

“You needed a makeover, buddy!” Tango said, patting him on the back. “And I don't know the last time you cut your hair.”

Tango’s right. Gem noticed with a smile. His hair is getting pretty long.

Gem crawled over to where Skizz was sitting down and pulled him up until he was sitting with his back to her. She pulled her knees under her butt so she could see over Skizz’s head, and to everyone’s astonishment, he let her run her fingers through his hair. She marveled at the soft strands, and a small blush crept up her cheeks as Skizz leaned into her touch. She then pulled out a comb, and Skizz just sighed in defeat and let her brush through the knots.

“How are you doing this?”  Tango asked in astonishment as Skizz’s eyes slid shut. “Do you know how many IOU’s we had to promise him just to get him here?”

“Gem is great.” She laughed, pulling out some scissors.

She began to snip away the dead ends of his hair, and Tango just blinked slowly and shook his head.

“Gem is great.” He agreed as Scott came back down with a bucket of nail polish.

“Wow Gem!” He exclaimed, “Don’t get too far in without me!”

“I’ll try to save some Skizz pampering for you!” She smiled as Scott tossed her a bottle of hairspray.

“You’re with me and Pearl, then Mr.Tek.” Scott smiled, waving Tango over.

Scott gestured to a soft chair where Pearl was waiting with red and orange nail polish. She also held a brush and some hair spray. Scott smiled and grabbed Tango’s hand. The blaze born was in for quite the makeover.

Meanwhile, Cleo was going to town on Skizz’s nails, painting them pale blue and white, matching his angel wings quite well. Gem was through his hair and now was styling it into a nice swoosh and lathering it in an anti breakage cream. Skizz sighed, wishing he wasn’t getting this makeover, but once Tango set his mind to something, there was very little that could change it. But all things considered, this wasn't that bad. He was hanging out with Gem and getting a nice hairstyle out of it. Would’ve been a win-win if it wasn’t for the fact he had to stay still. Cleo and Gem were chatting about some girl stuff while Pearl and Scott were talking about duels. Which was a very interesting conversation for Tango to listen in on.

After a while, they finished, and Tango was eager to see himself in a mirror. Cleo led him off to find a mirror in her house while Scott and Pearl followed behind sneaking glances at Skizz and Gem as they left.

Gem was finishing a green heart on Skizz’s thumbnail from where they both sat on the floor while the angel watched as Gem worked. She looked up to see Skizz’s face closer than she could’ve expected, and he quickly looked away as a blush creeped up their faces.

“Um- anyway, I think we're done now.” She stammered, closing the nail polish.

“Gem.” Skizz said, trying to get her attention.

“It was great hanging out with you and-”

“Gem.”

“Well I guess I’ll see you around-”

“Gem.”

“What?” She exclaimed, turning to face him.

Skizz closed the distance between their lips, and suddenly, he was kissing her and God she wished he’d done it sooner. His hand came up to cup her face, and she ran her fingers through his hair, messing up whatever she had done to it before. Eventually, Gem pulled back when she heard a Scottish cheer from the stairs, followed by British shushing.

She looked up to see Tango giggling, holding Pearl to his chest as her shoulders shook with laughter. Skizz turned around with a look of frustration on his face. His wings fluffed up angrily. Cleo also had a hand over Scott’s mouth as he looked like he was going to explode. Tango’s hair was alight to the highest degree, and Cleo wore a smug smile. The six of them just stared at each other in silence until Cleo broke it.

“I owe Grian six diamonds.”

At this Tango, Pearl and Scott burst out laughing, and Gem even let out a chuckle herself.

“You guys are a bunch of jerks!” Skizz cried out angrily.

Gem lay a comforting hand on his arm, calming him down while small giggles escaped her mouth. Scott was right. They were like one big family.

Well, I hope I did it justice! Thanks for reading,

Star