Will You- (Songfic)

Double Life

Joel x Etho

Joel laid down on the Relationship staring up at the stars as he waited for Etho. He was down by their storage (chest monster) looking through their stuff. Joel was content to watch the stars but Etho seemed unable to sit still. Joel watched as a shooting star crossed the sky and he quickly called out to Etho.

"Etho, did you see the star?" Joel cried and he could hear Etho climb up the ladder into the ship.

"Yeah it's beautiful, love." Etho sighed, sitting down beside Joel and taking his hand.

Hold on to me as we go,
As we roll down this unfamiliar road,
And although this wave is stringing us along,
Just know you're not alone
'Cause I'm gonna make this place your home,

Joel blushed at the use of the pet name and Etho smiled cupping his cheek and kissing his boyfriend's face. Joel laughed and laid back down, pulling Etho with him. Joel laid his head down on Etho's chest and the Canadian sniggered, his laughter echoing in his chest. Joel sighed as Etho began to run his fingers through Joel's hair, a sign that he was stressed.

"Etho are you okay?" Joel asked and Etho sighed looking up at the stars. "You only do that when you're nervous."

Settle down, it'll all be clear

"I'm fine." Etho promised, "Something was just bothering me."

"What's wrong?" Joel asked, taking Etho's hand and squeezing it.

Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear

"I just-" Etho's voice seemed to catch in his throat and he stopped sitting up suddenly.

The trouble, it might drag you down,

Joel sat up beside him and tried desperately to see Etho's face which was turned away. All Joel could see was Etho's hands which were turning a small box between his fingers.

If you get lost, you can always be found

"Etho." Joel said forcefully and Etho looked over at him. "Please talk to me. Are you okay?"

"Joel. . ." Etho whispered, cupping his cheek. "You're amazing."

"Etho?" Joel asked, and his voice choked as Etho looked down at the little box.

"You're the kindest person I've ever met, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Etho spoke softly and as he did Joel felt his eyes beginning to tear up. "You're beautiful, caring, funny, and humble."

Joel let out a watery laugh and Etho slowly opened up the box revealing a simple silver ring nestled into the velvet inside.

Just know you're not alone

"I just need to ask, will you-"

"Yes!" Joel cried, flinging his arms around Etho and pressing his lips to his boyfriend, no fiancée's.

Etho pulled Joel close and ran his fingers gently through his hair. Joel gasped when Etho pulled back and kissed his cheek softly, hugging him close.

"You could've waited for me to finish." Etho gasped as Joel kissed him all over his face and neck.

"You know I don't have that kind of patience." Joel sighed, kissing Etho's cheek.

"I love you Joel, but can I finish?" Etho said and Joel nodded eagerly. "Joel Beans, will you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

"Yes." Joel breathed as Etho slipped the ring on his finger. "I love you so much Etho."

"I love you too Joel." Etho said, pulling Joel into his arms.

'Cause I'm gonna make this place your home.

It's silly, but oh well.