Love Right Before The Zombie Plague™

Secret Life

Gem x Impulse

Gem cried out in frustration as she fruitlessly chased Tango around the server. She was never going to catch Tango like this she was on foot, and he was one one of the fastest horses on the server. Her hair blew out behind her as she ran, and she could hear the confused yells of Impulse and Etho as they followed Bdubs and her in their fruitless attempt to kill Tango. She suddenly stopped and pulled out her bow, fitting it with an arrow before letting it loose in Tango's direction. It missed, and Tango cried out in fear, urging his horse to run faster. Gem let out a ragged breath as her target ran right over the hill and out of sight. She dropped her bow uselessly to her side as Bdubs came up from behind her, and she turned around with a frown on her face.

"He got away!" Bdubs sighed, and Gem nodded, tucking her weapons away.

"We'll have to set a trap for him." She decided, sweeping her flyaway hair out of her eyes.

"Or we could use a horse." Bdubs suggested as Gem pulled out her braid and began to re-do it. "We could catch him if we rode horses."

"We just need one more person. . ." Gem mused, and Bdubs patted her on the shoulder.

"We'll find someone, but now we need horses." The shorter decided, and Gem sighed in agreement.

"I volunteer!" Someone cried suddenly to their left.

Gem and Bdubs turned around to see Impulse standing there with a determined look on his face. Gem shook her head desperately, but Impulse didn't notice. A bloodthirsty look came over Bdubs' face as he regarded Impulse. He was a red name. He wanted to kill Impulse, and she could tell.

"To be a horse?" Bdubs asked, confused.

"I will be your extra person!" Impulse said with a smile, and Gem shook her head, trying to stop him.

"Impulse you don't want this heat." She promised as Bdubs slowly reached his hand down to his sword hilt.

"You said you needed another person, and I'll be that person!" The brunette said with a smile.

"Impy no-" Gem started only to be cut off by Bdubs.

"Are you sure you want the heat?" Bdubs yelled, and Impulse nodded.

"I want the heat!" Impulse cried back, and Gem wished there was something she could do to stop this.

Impy I'm sorry. Gem thought as Bdubs drew his sword.

Bdubs took a hesitant step closer and looked to Gem to see if he could do this. Gem sighed and nodded, giving Bdubs permission to ask again. Gem walked over to stand in front of Impulse, and she reached out, taking his hands in her own.

"Do you want this heat!" Bdubs yelled, and Impulse nodded eagerly, pulling his hands out of Gem's.

"Impulse no!" She whispered, trying to stop him.

"You get the heat!" Bdubs cried, swinging his diamond sword at Impulse.

Bdubs' blade hit Impulse in the shoulder, and Gem winced as she saw his shirt burn away where the blade hit him. His wound began to bleed as he doubled over falling onto his knees. Gem looked up at Impulse's eyes to see the pain lacing his expression and wished that she could stop what was going to happen. Bdubs swung again, and his sword flew in an arc, hitting Impulse in his stomach. Gem reached her hand helplessly out towards Impulse as he fell over his body, disappearing as he respawned wherever he'd last slept.

Oh, Impulse. She sighed as she stared at the spot where he had been. Why?

"I did it!" Bdubs cried, grinning at Gem.