The Passage Of Time

Limited Life

Tango x Jimmy

Jimmy ran along the roof of the mansion excited from the alliance he was forming. The Bad Boys. He laughed to himself at the name and put down some chests to dump his stuff. He smiled and sighed. He loved the beginning of each series of life, meeting people, talking and making alliances.

But as he thought back to the last season, a frown crossed his face. He remembered the feeling of death, of being the first out again. But even worse than the death had been the disappointment that had coursed through Jimmy during his final moments. Of course the feeling hadn't been Jimmy's, it had been Tango's.

After Double life had ended, and the after party had started Jimmy had avoided Tango. He hadn't gotten together with his soulmate like the others had, he'd hidden with Scar and Grian. Tango had talked with Joel and Etho but every few minutes he looked over at Jimmy, trying to catch his soulmate's eyes. Jimmy had avoided him the whole after party and he'd left the party first, with the excuse that he had to do something on Empires.

But the one thing he'd never forget was the look of sadness on Tango's face as he walked out the door.

Something Jimmy had noticed was he would sometimes get flashes of emotion from Tango. In Empires Jimmy would sometimes be able to feel what was happening to Tango, and for a whole week Jimmy felt like he was sick when Tango had come down with a cold. For the first month after Double Life Tango was depressed and angry, and Jimmy could tell. This only made Jimmy even more nervous for the start of the next series of Life. He sat down on the floor and leaned against his chest.

"Hey Tim!" A voice called from behind him and the canary hybrid looked up to see Grian walking up to him.

Grian was wearing his classic red jumper but he had adorned a leather jacket and sunglasses for their Bad Boys gimmick. His jacket and sweater had holes in the back for his parrot wings, red, blue and yellow, and they ruffled in the breeze.

"You alright?" Grian asked, "You don't look so good."

"I'm fine." Jimmy replied, looking everywhere but Grian's eyes.

"Timmy." Grian said sternly. "Look at me." He crouched down to sit beside Jimmy and tapped on the canary hybrid's head.

Jimmy reluctantly looked at Grian and a look of recognition crossed the hermit's face.

"It's Tango, isn't it?" Grian guessed. "You miss him?"

"No!" Jimmy cried, "I don't miss him."

"Yes you do." Grian argued, "And he misses you."

"No he doesn't." Jimmy said sadly. "He hates me. I dragged him down with me. Me and my stupid curse."

"That's not your fault." Grian said, pulling Jimmy into a hug.

Grian knew how much the blaze born had meant to Jimmy and was sad that Jimmy was so upset.

"Talk to him." Grian encouraged and Jimmy looked horrified at the suggestion.

"No!"

"Why not?" Grian looked confused.

"I don't want to be rejected." Jimmy confessed.