Untouchable

Double Life

Tango x Jimmy

When Jimmy died, he took comfort in the fact that for once it wasn't his fault. Jimmy looked around spawn looking for his soulmate. Jimmy sighed as his communicator vibrated in his pocket. Jimmy pulled out his communicator and opened it up. He looked in the chat tab (not the death tab) and looked at all messages about his death.

Grian- Timmy dead first again!

Martyn- That's gonna be an awkward talk.

Bigb- Noooooo!

Joel- Stupid smelly man.

Scott- Oh Jimmy, not again!

Impulse- Looks like we’re going with past traditions then!

Etho- Oh Snappers!

Jimmy buried his face in his hands as he sank to his knees. He heard rustling up in the trees and he looked up and saw his soulmate. It was Tango, poor sweet Tango, and Jimmy felt an overwhelming sense of pity. Tango would get pulled down with Jimmy, with his curse. Jimmy had always loved Tango, and he wished that he was never his soulmate.

Tango sat up in the tree, his legs hanging down and a look of shame clouding his beautiful features. He had tears pouring down his face and his arms wrapped around his torso as he looked down at Jimmy. The flame on his head and tail burned slowly and small, a sign that he was sad. Jimmy walked over underneath Tango’s tree and looked for a way to get up onto his perch. Jimmy jumped up, grabbed a low hanging branch, swung himself up into the tree and looked for a way to get further up. Tango looked down at Jimmy and made no move to help him or hinder him in his attempt to get up the tree.

Jimmy climbed his way up onto the tree, and sat up on Tango’s branch. Tango looked over at Jimmy and silent tears tracked down his face. Jimmy tentatively wrapped his arm around Tango’s shoulders and gave him a small side hug. Tango shivered and tensed as Jimmy rubbed circles on his arm. Jimmy went to wipe Tango’s tears away but Tango spoke before he could.

“Don’t.”

Jimmy’s hand froze just millimetres away from his cheek, and his fingers itched to brush his face.

“Why?” Jimmy asked as Tango dropped down from the tree and walked away.

Jimmy jumped down after Tango and chased after him.

“Tango!” Jimmy cried, grabbing onto his shoulder, spinning him around to look him in the eyes.

Tango’s eyes were cast downwards and more tears trickled down his cheeks.

“You can’t touch my skin.” Tango whispered. “It'll burn you.”

“No ones ever touched you before?” Jimmy asked, grabbing onto Tango’s arm.

“Not really.” Tango said, turning away from Jimmy. “Come on. Let's go.”

Jimmy wanted to talk more, but Tango clearly wasn't in the mood. Jimmy would bring it up later, when Tango wasn’t so spiky about it.

*****

Later one day when Jimmy was tending to the animals he heard a voice coming from over the wall.

“I lit it on fire, Grian lets go!”

“Oh Scar!”

Jimmy turned around to see two people running away from the Ranch, and he recognized them as Grian and Scar. Jimmy sighed, and then he registered what Scar had said.