Are You Really Alone? (Part One)

Double Life

Pearl & Scott

Pearl watched in horror as Scott walked away from her, hand in hand with Cleo. That was probably the moment that broke her. Her day had been going amazing until then. She had been to the nether with Martyn, gotten blaze rods, nether wart, and dog, and all sorts of stuff she’d planned to give her soulmate once she’d gotten back. But Scott had gone off and became soulmates with Cleo instead!

Does he think I’m not good enough? Does he hate me? Does he like Cleo more?  Pearl’s thoughts began to spiral, and as they did, she became more and more resentful of Scott.

“Wait Cleo-” Martyn called, reaching out a hand to his soulmate, and she pushed it away, a look of annoyance clouding her face.

Pearl felt a surge of anger on Martyn’s behalf. How dare Cleo treat Martyn like this? He was kind and caring and a good friend. Pearl walked up beside him and placed a comforting hand on his trembling shoulder. She pulled the blond into a hug, and he sighed, leaning into her as his tears began to fall.

“You'll regret this, Scott!” Pearl cried as she protectively held Martyn close. “I swear to God I will make your life HELL!”

Scott didn’t look back. He just walked away. Because it was easy to forget Pearl. It always was. But the Australian decided that this time, she wasn’t going to lie down and let him get away with it.

*****

Pearl sat in the snow and held her spyglass up to her eye as she watched Scott tremble in the cold she was sending his way. In the form of the snow bath and the icy glare she hoped, he could feel. She was sitting in a pile of snow just outside the Ranch, very much within view of Scott’s house. She wanted him to feel all the cold as well as see her anger firsthand.

“Do you like your little tickle, Scott?” Pearl asked as Tilly walked over beside her and regarded her with a confused expression. “We’re giving him a little tickle, Tilly!”

She reached out and scratched the dog behind her ears and was silently glad she had Tilly. Soon, she picked the spyglass back up and resumed her vigil of Scott’s house. Suddenly, the cyan haired man looked over at her, and Pearl giggled gleefully as Scott began to run over to her with an angry look on his face. He was shivering like mad, and she couldn’t hold back her smile at his discomfort. She buried herself deeper into the snow, and when Scott arrived, she smirked at the frown he wore, waving to beckon him closer.

“Did you enjoy your little tickle, Scott?” She smiled, and Scott sighed, pinching his nose in frustration.

“Pearl what are you doing?” He asked, and she let out a peal of crazy laughter.

“Just giving my beloved soulmate a little tickle!” She giggled, and Scott did something unexpected, grabbing onto her hand and trying to pull her out.

“Pearl get out!” Scott sighed, grabbing her other hand and pulling even harder

“No.” Pearl said as she pulled Scott into the pile of snow with her.

Scott landed on his knees right in front of Pearl, with his hands still clasped in hers. She grinned triumphantly as he tried to pull his hands away.

“Can’t handle a little cold, Scott?” She asked with an insane grin.

“It’s you I can’t handle!” He yelled, and she winced, slakenning her grip on his arms.

“I didn’t ask for this!” Pearl cried as Scott pulled away and stepped out of the snow pile. “I never wanted to be bound to you!”