Prologue

Once upon a time there was an author who lied to their readers. But it for a good cause I swear! I know a lot of people skip this part (and am guilty of this myself), but I just wanted people to know a few things before they got started on the story. 

First, there will be Bella and Edward bashing. Not a huge amount, like I'm trying to stick to the cannon characters and am just highlighting/exaggerating their selfishness and I guess stupidity.

Second, there will be no Rennesme. Mostly because I just can't wrap my head around how it would be possible. I mean vampires in that world are supposed to be dead, so how can something be half alive and half dead? Especially when from what I understand, the vampire venom basically alters cells on a cellular level? So anyway, she will not be in this story. Though I also didn't add her because of the Bella and Edward bashing, I felt bad saddling the child with them for parents.

Third, The Volturi are not evil in this book. Yes, they are not super nice and forgiving, but they are also not villains. Because Rennesme doesn't exist, there will be no issue with that, so they're only real scenes in the cannon story are in New Moon and the guards in Eclipse just after the battle. And honestly? I never understood why they were made out to be villains. I'll probably have a character rant on this later in the book as well, but they were just doing their job! They kept the vampire and human world separate for over a thousand years. You can't do that by being nice and forgiving! But my biggest reason for being upset with this was they have like 3 laws; don't tell humans, don't turn kids in vamps and don't draw attention to yourself. Edward literally walks in with a human that knows about them, breaking their biggest law, and then tries to paint them as the bad guys. That's like a human trying to commit a crime and then going "the police are evil for trying to hold me accountable for it". It just made no sense to me. But whatever, more later on in the book, possibly.

Fourth, I have no intention of doing a face claim or describing my character in detail. You can picture them looking however you want. The same with the clothes. I just think it's easier for some people to relate and enjoy the story you know? Just imagine them however you want them to look. I think I managed to keep any descriptions of what I was picturing out of it, so hopefully I don't ruin your image of her. I will tell you though, that I am writing my character as on the shorter side. Like a foot or more shorter than Jasper. Why? Because I am short and have no idea how to write/describe a scene when you don't have to look up at people. So, my apologies to anyone picturing her tall, but she definitely looks up at people and Jasper has to look down at her.

Fifth, this is my first attempt at a fanfiction, so please no hateful comments. I wrote this a few years ago and my friend finally convinced me to publish this instead of just leaving it sitting on my desktop. So all I did was read it through for grammar and post it. That being said, any advice on improvements would be appreciated!

Sixth, there may be some scenes that are triggering to some people. I will put warnings if there will be smut but probably no other content warnings. That being said I suck at writing trauma and its healing process as I have no personal experience with it so it's not very realistic. Any knowledge I have comes from Google, so please no hate for it. Although once again, advice on how to make it more realistic/better would be appreciated.

Finally, I don't own anything but my character, Adeline. All rights go to Stephenie Meyer for writing the Twilight series.