First Day of School

Five days after the Cullens moved to Forks, the "kids" began their school year, along with everyone else. Everyone had grumbled about it, not wanting to be stared at as everyone wondered about the "hot new kids". They had been through it so many times and the human's responses never changed. Adeline only hoped that her surprise for Jasper would perk him up a little bit and make the day a touch more bearable.

As they pulled up to school in Emmet's brand-new Jeep and Edward's Volvo, they felt all eyes turn to them. Scanning the parking lot, Jasper internally snorted at how much their vehicles stood out. Given the size of the town and what he had seen so far, he really should have realized that this was going to be one of the worst towns for them in terms of gawkers.

In the bigger schools, students were quicker to move on from the "oddity that was the Cullens", but with a town and school this small he could see that it would be a while before they stopped staring. Already he could feel the emotions coming from the students as they crossed the parking lot. Gritting his teeth, he held back an annoyed growl at the feelings of lust and fascination that was quickly rising in many of them.

As they headed into the office, he tuned out what was said in favour of focusing on adjusting to the feeling of being around so many people once again.

In fact, he did not truly begin paying attention again until they were back in the hall and everyone began to compare schedules.

Adeline:

Math - with Edward and Alice

Geography - with Alice

Lunch - with Everyone

Science - with Jasper and Edward

History - with Jasper

Jasper:

Geography - with Emmet

Math - with Rosalie and Emmet

Lunch - with Everyone

Science - with Adeline and Edward

History - with Adeline

~Hey quick note, I have no idea how American school schedules are set up, but I had 4 courses one semester and four the next, so that's how I did it with theirs. Also, they are in grade nine (freshmen) right now, which means that two years (and a bit) later when Bella shows up, they will all be in grade eleven (juniors) to match the story line~

Jasper was glad that he at least wasn't alone in any of his classes, although given how large their group was, he had expected it. But he was upset that he wouldn't get to see Adeline in his morning classes.

Adeline was having similar thoughts, but she comforted herself with the fact that hopefully if this school was like every other one, Jasper would hear about her surprise for him by lunch.

They all continued to huddle together chatting, reluctant to split up and head to class where they would be subjected to stares and questions. However, as the warning bell went off, they slowly broke up into groups and began searching for their first period classes.

Everyone's first two periods were exactly as they had expected. The teacher's forced everyone to introduce themselves as the "new kids in town" and the curriculum for the subjects was the same as their last school.

As the bell rang for lunch, Jasper smirked as he felt Rosalie and Emmet begin to feel relief. Until then all he had picked up was boredom over the lesson and annoyance (mainly from Rosalie) over all the staring and whispered remarks.

As they made their way towards to the cafeteria to meet the others, both he and Emmet let out low growls. Sometimes super hearing was a curse. They could hear every remark made about the "hot new chicks" at school. Even if they already knew it would happen, it didn't mean they had to like it. Especially, as the remarks about their sisters and wives got more and more crude.