Wedding Planning

Adeline had heard of bridezilla before, but never a bride's maid-zilla. But she supposed this is what happened when the bride gave Alice full rein to do whatever she wanted. Alice had been involved in the planning of her wedding to Jasper and Rose and Emmet's wedding of course, but both couples already had an idea of what they wanted and were not afraid to tell Alice no if she tried to take over too much. Bella on the other hand just let her loose, only wanting to know what was expected of her and when she should show up for stuff.

Looking around Adeline honestly thought that Alice might be using this as a trial run for her own wedding, given that according to her visions they should be meeting within the next few years. It would certainly explain why Alice was the most, or rather only one besides the bride and groom, of the family truly excited for the wedding. 

She had wedding magazines scattered all over the house and their backyard was in the process of being transformed into something out of a fairy tale wedding. The only thing that didn't fit was the bride. Bella was on the deck with Alice and as Adeline looked down from where she was on a ladder hanging lights, she could see Bella attempting to walk in the heels Alice had gotten for her. To Adeline's eyes the poor girl looked more like a baby colt struggling to take its first steps than a human. She was quick to turn back to her task to hide her smile though, before Bella saw and took the chance to go off again. Which was, sadly, becoming routine.

It seemed that now that it was certain that she would be turned and be joining this family, she had stopped caring what the family thought of her or how she treated them. She often made rude remarks or said things that made it clear she looked down on them for the way they chose to live or how they acted. She had also been more demanding, apparently thinking that being part of their family meant being able to order them around.

Everyone was getting tired of it but anytime they tried to say or do something to stop her, Edward was right at her side; defending her and making excuses or starting arguments. Needless to say, the family was looking forward to the couple's honeymoon as it would mean that they would have a month and a half without the couple bringing drama into their lives.

"Where do you want 'em, boss?" Emmet asked, breaking her from her thoughts.

She glanced down to see Emmet, Carlisle and Jasper carrying giant trunks and shook her head at how over the top her sister was. Although she did have to admit, the backyard was coming together nicely. She watched as Jasper walked by and had to say, he looked good as his muscles moved and flexed while hefting the weight of the log.

Noticing her gaze on his as he set it down, he took a step towards her, sending her a wink, picking up on her heightened desire, just as Alice replied, "On either side of the aisle."

"What aisle?" Rose questioned coming up behind the boys.

"Does no one have vision?!" Alice headed off to direct them, pulling Jasper away with her.

Adeline giggled at that. The poor boys were unfortunately taking the brunt of Alice's enthusiasm and perfectionist tendencies as they were the ones handling the main set up. She luckily, did not have super strength to help with the lifting and thus had been given the task of setting up lights.

Jasper finally managed to break free from his tyrant of a sister a few minutes later as she headed back towards Bella. He loved her, he really did, but it felt like it had been days since he had gotten to spend time with his wife, without Alice barging in with a new task for one or both of them.

He came to a stop just behind Adeline as she was finishing hanging her last strand of lights and reached up to steady her as she came down the ladder. From there he pulled her into his arms, snuggling close to her. "It feels like forever since I've seen you Darlin'."

"I know Tesoro, but the wedding is tomorrow. Hopefully that means we can get some peace after its done. And get our sister back from this tyrant that has taken her place." Jasper let out a bark of laughter at that.

"Tyrant is right. Did you know she changed her mind about the layout of the aisle three times?"

"Oh my poor dear! However will you survive?" she teased.

He nipped at her neck, "aren't you supposed to be sympathetic?"

"Yes, and I would be, but right now I am too busy being glad that Alice did not do this at our wedding."

"Hm good point" Jasper conceded. He had loved their wedding. It was simple yet beautiful and fit them both perfectly. The ideas that Alice had been throwing around these last weeks, while nice, were not something either of them would have wanted. "I guess we can forgive her then, as we have all been apparently depriving her these past few decades."

"Indeed we have Tesoro. Besides look on the bright-side, by the end of day tomorrow it will all be over and we can finally enjoy some peace and quiet. No sadistic trackers, no vampire army, and no teenage drama."

Jasper let out a sigh, "Thank you God. I'm not sure how much more of those two I could take. They're emotions are driving me up the wall."

"Oh come on. Give them a break. I'm sure we were just as bad at one point." She turned in his arms to smile up at him.

"Mm, no we were worse" Jasper declared, leaning down to place a kiss on her lips. Adeline was quick to reach up and pull him closer, deepening the kiss. Though she teased Jasper about it, she too had been missing the presence of her husband.

Unfortunately, their moment came to an end as Alice approached. "Jasper! Get back to work! We have a lot to do before tomorrow!"

He groaned, shooting her a pout as he pulled away to follow Alice as she began to list more things for him to do. Adeline let out a giggle before heading off to find Edward and see how he was doing. If it just so happened to get her out of Alice's sight for a few minutes, then that was a coincidence. She was certainly not attempting to hide from her sister. Not at all.

She found him in his room, looking out the window, watching the family get the area all set up for tomorrow.

"Knock knock" she said by way of greeting.

"What's up?" he turned from the window to glance at her then.

"Just wanted to check and see how my little brother was doing before his big day." He glared at her "little brother" comment.

"Fine. I'm ready to marry the love of my life." She smiled at the happy look on his face. Yes, Bella and Edward had been a challenge these past few weeks, but she really was glad to she her brother so happy.

"The wedding? I would have thought you would be happy for the honeymoon?" she teased and she swears if vampires could blush, he would be.

"Yes, well ... that too" he admitted embarrassed.

"You know that's actually what I came here to talk to you about." He looked at her questioningly as her tone became serious.

"Well, you know my mother was an elemental and my father a vampire, right? And you know that the elemental gene is always dominant. That it overwrites all other traits. Its what has allowed my people to continue, even when we began to find our mates outside of our own species."

"What's your point?" Edward was confused as to why she would bring this up now.

"My point dear brother, is that if you intend to have your wedding night before Bella is turned, I want you to keep in mind that male vampires are capable of procreation. My existence proves that. But while thanks to my mother, I am a pure-blooded elemental, we have no idea what would happen if a human tried to carry a vampire's baby or if it is even possible. Which is why I am asking you to take care that it does not happen." Adeline really did not want to be having this conversation with her brother, but she knew that it had to be said as no one else had probably considered this possibility.

"I would appreciate it if you would also let Bella know that this is possible. It is unfair to her to not give her all the information beforehand." Edward nodded absently, still thinking about all that she had said and promised to discuss it with Bella the first chance he got.

Adeline nodded in acceptance of this and turnedto head out of the room to find Jasper, hoping the two could avoid Alice longenough to cuddle before the boys left to celebrate Edward's last night of beingsingle.