Back to School Again

It was early in the morning a month after the Cullens had returned to Forks. Adeline was in Alice's room with Rosalie. It was still dark out but since none of them needed sleep, Adeline having slept the night before, they were all up and, on this day, bored. So Alice had suggested they, for lack of a better phrase, play dress up. They had been trying on random outfits, mixing and matching, and trying out things they would not normally wear.

Adeline walked out of Alice's closet wearing head-to-toe leather. Rosalie and Alice stared at her in shock when they saw her. She had on a leather vest with no sleeves or back that laced up the front, skin tight leather pants that had to be laced up the sides, and leather ankle boots with 6-inch heels. "Alice why do you even own something like this?"

Blinking Alice looked up at her innocently, "Because I believe in always being prepared?"

Rose snorted, "You mean you are a compulsive shopper, who just can't help herself."

They all giggled at this, laughing at the fact that it really was the truth.

Just then there was a knock at the door and Jasper came in. "Time to get ready for ... school", his voice trailed off as he caught sight of Adeline. "You are NOT wearing that to school" he stated firmly with a growl evident in his voice.

"Why not?" Rose smirked, "I think she looks amazing in it." Adeline gave her a bright smile, striking a pose.

"Of course she looks amazing it! That's exactly why she can't wear it! I won't have all those teenage boys staring and drooling at MY Darlin'." Adeline walked up to him and gave him a kiss as Rose and Alice laughed at his expression.

"Don't worry Tesoro, I have no intention of wearing this to school."

"Good, but we really do have to get a move on."

"Very well", Alice sighed, sad the fashion show was over. "Oh, Adeline you can keep that, it looks much better on you than it does on me."

"Not to mention Jasper seems to love you in it" Rosalie teased. The girls were pretty sure if vampires could blush Jasper would be.

Laughing they all headed off to get ready before heading down to the garage. Entering Adeline squealed in excitement when Jasper led her over to his motorcycle. She loved riding on it with him, to have the wind blowing through her hair and her arms wrapped tight around Jasper. They didn't get to ride it much here in Forks since it rained so often, which just made the days where they could so much better. Jasper gave their bags to Emmet to put in his Jeep as he straddled the bike. Adeline was quick to hope on behind him.

"Onward!" she cried, and he laughed as he pulled out and began the drive to school.

As they arrived, they were met with many stares, both due to the fact that they had suddenly returned after their equally as sudden departure and because they showed up on a motorcycle with Adeline laughing loudly. But they didn't let that bother them as they grabbed their bags from the Jeep and headed off to class.

School itself was the same as before they left, the only difference now being that Edward, Bella, and often Alice sat with Bella's human friends. Rosalie outright refused, so she and Emmet stayed at their old table, while Adeline and Jasper split their time equally between the two, sitting with one group one day and the other the next.

Today they were "eating" with Edward, Alice, Bella and her friends, when Alice announced as they sat down "I've decided to throw a party!"

"After all, how many times are we going to graduate High School?" Jasper joked, earning a laugh from Adeline and a smile from Edward.

"A party? At your place?" Angela asked.

"I've never seen your house" Jessica stated.

"No one's ever seen their house" Eric reminded her.

"Another party Alice?" Edward whined.

"It'll be fun" Alice said, defending her idea.

"Yeah. That's what you said last time" Bella said rudely.

Adeline shot her a glare at this. Months had past, but the topic of Bella's party and what had happened was still a sensitive subject in their family.

Just then Alice got lost in a vision. Bella was quick to distract her friends, asking if Angela wanted help with her invitations. Meanwhile, Jasper was paying attention to Alice's emotions and growing concerned. Whatever she was seeing, it was not good.

He subconsciously pulled Adeline closer to him and she placed her hand on his chest in comfort. Alice eventually came out of her vision and carried on like normal, signalling them that they would talk about it at home, away from any humans who may overhear them.

After school the whole family, minus Edward who was off with Bella, was gathered in the living room as Alice explained what she saw. "Victoria. I saw her running through the woods this weekend."

"So, she is still around" Carlisle, was thinking aloud, "this is bad, it's obvious she is determined to get revenge. Which means we will have to do something about her."

"Hell yeah!" Emmet jumped up ready for a fight, "We can take her out just like we did James!"

Carlisle sighed, knowing there was probably no avoiding a fight, not if she was out to avenge her mate. "We'll have to be careful about this. But perhaps we can use Alice's vision to set a trap, be waiting for her when she comes and catch her off guard."

Adeline snuggled into Jasper's arms, upset that there would be nothing she could do to help. She didn't have any offensive powers, nor did she have the speed and strength needed to go after a vampire. Which meant that she would be left at home to wait and worry, which she hated.

They continued to talk for a while longer, planning out and settling the details. As they dispersed, Carlisle spoke to her, "Before I forget Adeline, this came in the mail for you today." He handed over a letter to her and she turned it over to see it was postmarked Italy. She smiled knowing it was from Marcus and headed up to her room to read it.

Surprisingly a few days after they had gotten home, he had sent her a letter wanting to make sure she got home safely and was doing okay. She thought it was charming that he had sent her a letter and was quick to reply to him. From then on, they had exchanged a few other letters these past few weeks, talking about various topics.

She found him great to talk to, he knew so much about many topics, but she also did it because she thought he was lonely and wanted someone new to talk to. Emmet, of course, had taken to teasing Jasper about this, claiming that Marcus was trying to steal her from him with his "love letters". Jasper just laughed it off and took it in good humour, glad that his wife had made a new friend, even if it was one of the three kings of the vampire world.