Prom

A few days had passed since the whole ordeal and it was time for prom. Adeline was up in Rose's room getting ready with her and Alice. Rose was just finishing up Adeline's hair, putting in the last few pins to hold it in place before they all went downstairs to meet the boys.

"There all done," Rose said, backing away to get a better look at her work.

"Thanks Rose, you always do such an amazing job with my hair!" Adeline said, grinning while looking in the mirror, turning her head this way and that to admire it.

"Come on," Alice cried, "we're going to be late if we don't go now!"

With that all three left the room and made their way downstairs. Jasper was across the room with Emmet as she came down the stairs, and as she walked towards him, she could see his eyes trailing up and down her body. "Well," she asked, giving a small twirl, "how do I look?"

"Absolutely stunning" he said swallowing at the sight of her and reaching out to pull her close.

"Of course, she does! I knew the minute that I saw that dress that it would be prefect for her!" Alice gushed. The family let out laughs at this and Esme began to take pictures of the family before ushering them out the door.

Alice opted to ride with Rosalie and Emmet, while Jasper and Adeline rode alone in a different car, Edward having already left to pick up Bella. As the two drove along the road on the way to the dance, soft music playing over the radio, Adeline glanced out the window. "It's a beautiful night tonight. Almost a pity to spend it indoors" she said.

"Indeed, it would be Darlin'. Perhaps we'll just have to get a little lost on our way so we have time to fully appreciate it before we get there" he suggested with a smirk.

"That sounds perfect" she said with small laugh, looking over at him and smiling.

And that was how Jasper and Adeline spent their prom, just as they had all the others: driving along back roads and stopping to dance in the middle of the street to songs that played over the radio. It was not until the sun began to rise the next day that they actually began to make their way home, and if they were a little less put together than when they left, with her hair falling out of the pins, both their clothes askew and the odd leaf sticking to them, no one said anything. They were just happy that the two had enjoyed themselves. After all there was always the next time around for them to actually attend the dance, that was the beauty of having forever together after all.