The Chase

When the weekend arrived all the Cullen vampires, minus Edward who had taken off with Bella to Florida, were in the woods waiting for Victoria. They were all in a line with Alice in the middle, waiting for either her to arrive or for Alice to have another vision that would direct them.

"Are you sure this where you saw her?" Carlisle questioned.

"She's almost here" Alice said dreamily, sifting through her visions. After another minute she cried "on your left!" and they all took off after the red head.

Emmet was in the lead, the rest of the family not far behind. They all wove through the woods after the redhead, Emmet almost managing to get a hold of her her, but she grabbed his arm at the last second and threw him into a tree. He was quick to recover, a snarl now on his face as they all continued the chase until she jumped the river.

"Wait" Carlisle held out his hand to stop them, "she's in their territory."

Victoria took off again running along to opposite bank while the Cullens followed on their own side. "She'll get away" Esme cried.

Seeing the wolves coming out of the trees Jasper shouted "No, she won't!" as he picked up his speed and pulled ahead. Seeing the wolves gaining on her, Victoria jumped back over to the Cullen's side, not breaking her stride. Jasper was right on her tail, following her as she began to use the trees, jumping from branch to branch. He got alongside her and launched himself at her, but she twisted in the air, causing him to miss and crash back into the ground.

Emmet, once again in the lead, was right on her tail completely focused on catching her, causing him to ignore his surroundings and miss Rosalie's warning. Victoria jumped the river again, this time with Emmet following her. 

Just before he could land, one of the wolves came out of nowhere, knocking him into the water. The wolf stayed in position, ready to attack as Emmet stood up snarling. While everyone was distracted by this, Victoria slipped away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It took awhile for everyone to calm down, Jasper using his abilities to keep a fight from breaking out, but eventually they all turned around to head home. The moment they stepped into their backyard Adeline came flying out and threw herself at Jasper. "Are you all okay? Did you catch her?"

"We're fine Darlin', but no she got away."

"It was all those damn wolves' fault" Emmet growled still upset about the whole thing.

"Wolves?" Adeline immediately began to inspect her family again for injuries.

"We're alright dear. No one was hurt." Esme smiled at her reassuringly and Adeline let out a sigh of relief.

"But she still got away." Rose was still aggravated by the whole situation, "if only Edward had stayed we would have caught her. He could've kept up with her. But no. he had to run off to Florida to protect Bella."

"Rosalie" Carlisle warned.

"What? It's the truth isn't it? He cares more for that human than he does us. Which is why he went off with her and left us to clean up his mess!" Rose glared at the family, daring anyone to contradict her. Which none of them did, all silently agreeing that it was beginning to feel like the truth.

Jasper, thinking through the events of the chase and how close they had come a few times to catching her let out a sigh. "It may not have mattered Rose." They all turned to look at him, Rose with a glare on her face.

"What do you mean Tesoro?" Adeline prompted, watching as Jasper finished sorting through his thoughts.

"I mean the way she was moving and how she was able to avoid me and Emmet at the last second it wasn't normal. She probably has some gift that allows her to be able to evade threats better." 

Everyone frowned at that, knowing that it would just make catching her harder.

~Sorry, this chapter is super short but it didn't really fit in with the last chapter or the one after it~