Training with the Wolves

The Cullens had all arrived early and Jasper and Emmet were warming up as Edward pulled up in the Jeep with Bella. Just in time for Jasper to launch Emmet across the clearing.

"Again!" Emmet demanded standing up and beginning to make his way back over. 

As Edward and Bella made their way over to everyone else though, the vampires all heard the sound of the approaching wolves and gathered together.

They all turned to face the woods, just as the pack came into view, moving as one. I really want to pet one. Just to see if their fur is as soft as it looks Adeline thought, getting her first real look at them in wolf form. Edward glanced over at her with a glare and she quickly looked away embarrassed.

"They don't trust us enough to be in their human forms" Edward explained. Which Adeline thought was kind of obvious given that they, you know, were not in their human forms.

"They came. That's what matters. Will you translate?" Carlisle stepped forward to greet them as they came to a stop.

"Welcome. Jasper has experience with newborns. He'll teach us how to defeat them." Adeline grabbed Jasper's hand as Carlisle said that, knowing this training was going to be bringing back a lot of memories for Jasper.

"They want to know how the newborns differ from us" Edward asked for them.

"They are a great deal stronger than us because their own human blood lingers in their tissues. Our kind is never more physically powerful, than in our first several months of this life" Carlisle explained before glancing over at Jasper and giving him a nod as he backed up.

"Carlisle's right" Jasper agreed, moving forward so he was between the two groups, "That's why they are created. A newborn army doesn't need thousands like a human army, but no human army could stand against them" The wolves all shifted and growled as they took in this knowledge.

"Now the two most important things to remember are, one never let them get their arms around you, they will crush you instantly. And two ... never go the obvious kill. They will be expecting that, and you will lose. Emmet!" Jasper turned away from the group then, moving into position, Emmet opposite him. 

"Don't hold back" he warned.

"Not in my nature" Emmet grinned. Adeline moved over to the Jeep, pulling a reluctant Bella with her, so they were both out of the way. She knew from experience that the boys tended to move around a lot when they fought and didn't want herself or Bella getting in their way.

Jasper and Emmet began, Emmet charging forward and Jasper took the hit, dirt flying up as Emmet pushed him back before throwing him over his shoulder. Jasper landed on his feet and was up almost too fast to comprehend. They both charged forward then, Jasper dodging Emmet's attacks and putting him on his back with a comment of "never lose focus."

The entire fight had taken maybe ten seconds and as Adeline glanced over at the wolves she could see their eyes widening in shock. She smirked remembering the debate they had gotten into with Bella at Sam's house. It would seem, if the looks on their faces were anything to go by, that they were agreeing with her assessment of her husband's strength and skill.

The training continued from there, everyone going up against a combination of Jasper and each other, with Jasper providing tips and correcting mistakes. As much as his past pained him, Adeline had to admit that he looked to be in his element; giving orders and taking command. She also had to admit that he looked very good while doing it and she felt a stirring of lust at the sight. Jasper looked up at her sending her a wink and she blushed looking away, suddenly finding the trees very interesting as she attempted to get her emotions under control.