Meeting Bella

A few days after Edward had confirmed Bella's suspicions, he announced his intent to bring her over the next day. Which the family all had mixed feelings about. Carlisle and Esme attempted to be supportive and welcoming. Esme truly wishing to meet the girl that had captured her son's interest so fully. Rosalie was of course furious that Edward was bringing her to their home, while Emmet was more ambivalent. Alice was excited to have another girl around. Especially since she had seen visions of her, her sisters, and Bella hanging out together. She was convinced that they were going to be the best of friends. Jasper was frustrated with Edward's lack of care for his family and angry that there would be a human in the space that was supposed to be their escape from the world. While Adeline was confused. She wanted to be supportive of her brother, but at the same time could not bring herself to be fully happy for him. Not when he so easily endangered their family and upset Jasper by bringing a human into their home.

But, nevertheless, despite their own personal feelings they all got to work preparing to welcome the human into their home. Alice took Jasper hunting, as he would need to be well fed in order to handle being in the same room as six other vampires and a human. Especially when the human was a bloodsinger to one of the vampires. While they did that, the remaining family members got to work preparing food for the human. Carlisle and Esme cooked the meat and sauce, while Emmet and Rosalie worked on a salad and Adeline sliced bread.

"Is she even Italian?" Rose asked breaking the silence.

"Her name is Bella" Emmet reasoned, sending Adeline a wink as she giggled at his logic.

"I'm sure she'll love it no matter what" Carlisle cut in diplomatically. He may enjoy his children's banter, but he was not going to let it make his wife second guess herself. Not when she was already fretting over making the right impression for their son's guest.

"Whoa get a whiff of that" Rose said sarcastically, "here comes the human" she sang.

Esme grinned excited to be meeting the girl for the first time. "Bella, were making Italian for you" she greeted with a huge smile of her face as the pair entered the kitchen.

"Oh, um" Bella stuttered.

"Bella, this is Esme. My mother for all intents and purposes" Edward introduced. Adeline leaned off to the side as Emmet waved his hand in greeting. The knife swinging a little too close to her face for comfort. When he stopped, she reached out and took it from him setting it down on the cutting board, causing him to pout playfully at her. She responded by sticking her tongue out at him.

"Buongiorno?" Bella stuttered out, unsure if that was right or not.

"Molto Bene" Esme replied with a comforting and welcoming smile.

Carlisle stepped forward to greet her now saying, "you've given us an excuse to use the kitchen for the first time."

"I hope your hungry" Esme added on, excited for someone to try her cooking.

"Yeah absolutely" Bella rushed to get out, just as Edward told them "She already ate."

Rose broke the salad bowl she was holding at this with a sarcastic "perfect", causing Bella to flinch back.

As an awkward atmosphere descended on them, Adeline mentally grimaced and silently prayed that she would continue to go unnoticed. She did not want to be part of where ever this conversation was going.

Bella struggled to explain herself to Esme who looked upset, tripping over her words "it's only ... it's only because I know you don't eat. So..."

"Of course, its very considerate of you" said Esme, ever the gracious host, hiding her disappointment.