Day with the Wolves

~Hey so this chapter is mainly just filler because the last two chapters were so short and because I just wanted to sort of have a spot where she met the wolves before everything and have them realize that she is not a vampire. It is also sort of just a chapter of them reacting to her past and hopefully give them a chance to realize that the world is not so black and white. But mainly I felt that they would not really accept her without knowing something of her background and this would make them agreeing to work with the Cullens easier~

Adeline sighed as she sat curled up on the couch in Emily's living room, not really sure why she was there. Edward had kept insisting she go to "watch over Bella", but honestly what could she do against a pack of werewolves if they decided to attack? The only reason why she had agreed to his, frankly unreasonable, request was because Jasper had not been hunting as he should. He had been worried that Victoria might try something when the family was out hunting and Adeline was alone, so she consented to staying with the wolves. It had taken some convincing that she would be safe, but eventually he had reluctantly agreed.

So, now here she sat, surrounded by virtual strangers, with nothing to do but wait until Bella was ready to go home. Tuning into their conversation in an attempt to distract herself, she was surprised to hear them discussing her family.

"Honestly, it's not the doctor leader you have to watch out for like it would be with a pack's alpha. It's that other blond guy you need to keep your eye on" Paul was telling Bella.

"Yeah," agreed Jared, "there's just something about him that puts us all on edge."

"But that doesn't make sense" Bella argued, confident in her knowledge of the Cullens, "Emmet is the strongest in the family."

"Actually," Adeline cut in, speaking for the first time since she arrived, and startling them all as most had forgotten she was even there, "your both right. Emmet is the strongest physically, but Jasper has the experience. In all our time with the family, Emmet has never been able to beat Jasper in a fight." She avoided talking about why that was, feeling that his past was none of their business.

"Does it have anything to do with the Major? Edward said he was dangerous" Bella asked.

Edward had explained briefly that he was Jasper's other personality and if she ever met him, she should be respectful and not do anything to catch his attention. In fact, his whole speech on the Major had basically been to submit at first sign of him. She really wanted to know more about it, but so far, the family had either avoided answering her questions or she was interrupted. Edward was the only one she could get to talk about it. But apparently, he had only met Major once or twice and didn't know all that much about him, only that he was dangerous and scared everyone. As such, she figured this would be the perfect time to ask. The wolves would also no doubt be curious and back her up in getting the answers she deserved about her future family member.

Adeline sent her a glare, not wanting to talk about it in front of virtual strangers. "Yes" she said in a clipped cool voice, "the Major, Jasper's other personality," she added for the benefit of the wolves, "developed because of his past and allowed him to survive something that very few others could."

The wolves sensed her discomfort and Paul spoke up to change the topic before Bella could ask anymore questions, as she was clearly preparing to do. "So, what are you anyways? You're not a leech we can all see that, but you're not human either."

"Yeah" Seth added, "Jake said you didn't smell human when he met you, but couldn't figure it out."

Adeline thought back to when she had met Jacob, that night at Bella's before they had to race off to Italy to save Edward. He had given her a strange look. She supposed now she knew what it meant; he was trying to figure out what she was. "I'm an Elemental, though I doubt you know what that means. I'm kind of the last of my kind."