Meeting the Cullens

"Come on" Alice yelled from up ahead. "I'm sure this time. We're really going to find them here!"

"That's what she said about the last place. And the place before that, and the place before that" Jasper grumbled with a sigh.

Adeline elbowed him in the chest (not that it actually did anything), "be nice, she's trying her best, and you have to admit it has been fun travelling together these past two years."

"That's true" he admitted, wrapping his arm around her waist and pulling her into his side, placing a short kiss to the top of her head.

Over the years the two had discovered that both of them were starved for simple gentle touches. As such, it was rare for the pair to not be touching or cuddling in some way and had become as natural and easy as breathing was for humans. It also helped with Jasper's protective instincts, as due to their pasts he was a lot more wary of others and liked to keep Adeline close so he knew that she would be safe. Adeline herself, loved this aspect of him, because she honestly never felt happier or more content than when she was in his arms, and it truly did make her feel safe, loved and protected.

"Hurry up you love birds! I found their house!" Alice squealed in excitement before rushing on ahead of them again.

"Alice I don't think that's a very good idea! You can't just go rushing at them like that! What if they think you are trying to attack" Jasper shouted after her, concerned for his friend's safety.

"We'll be fine. This is meant to be! You're such a worry wart Jas!" she said with a laugh.

It was then that they all came out of the trees into a clearing, only to see a huge man leaning over a dead bear, blood dripping from his mouth. The moment he noticed them, he let out a snarl and crouched down ready to attack.

Before Adeline could blink Jasper had reach forward and grabbed Alice, yanking her behind him and to her side as he positioned himself protectively in front of the two and let out a growl of his own.

"Stop! Stop! Jasper don't attack him! That's Emmet!" Alice cried.

The man, Emmet apparently, glanced away from Jasper and over to Alice, "and just how do you know that shortie?"

Skipping forward, neatly avoiding Jasper's attempt to stop her from getting closer, she giggled. "I'm sorry. We didn't mean to startle you. I'm Alice, the girl behind me is Adeline, and the man is Jasper. We're your new siblings!"

"Ally, you can't just go around announcing that! We've only just met the man!" Adeline said. You would think after two years of travelling with the girl she would be used to her tendency to get ahead of herself, but it still shocked her sometimes how Alice could rush into situations without a care. Although she supposed being able to see the future and how everything would turn out might make it difficult to stay in the moment.

A now smirking Emmet, obviously finding the group funny, began to rise from his crouch, "and just how do you know that we will be siblings shortie?"

"Because I saw it in a vision! It's my gift, just like how Edward can read minds! I saw us joining this coven! We have actually been looking for you guys everywhere!" Alice spewed out in a rush, obviously beyond thrilled to have finally found the people they have been looking everywhere for.

At this Emmet fully stood up and relaxed. "Interesting. Well then I guess I'd best take you to meet the family."

"You are? You're not going to question us some more?" Adeline asked, confused about how he could be so open and accepting.

Jasper was having similar thoughts, wondering if this was all a trap and refusing to let down his guard. Although he had risen back to his full height, he was still on edge.