Saving Edward

After Adeline had followed Alice into the house, it was all a bunch of rushed conversation and panic that Adeline struggled to follow. Somehow though, it ended with her and Alice in the car waiting for Bella so they could run off to Italy and save Edward. Who apparently, thinking Bella dead, decided he wanted to die too. She loved her brother, she really did, but sometimes she just wanted to hit him over the head for being so impulsive and dramatic.

Bella finally came rushing out of the house, bag over her arm and Jacob following not far behind. They seemed to be having some kind of argument and Adeline tried not to listen to give them some privacy. Although she did catch something about Bella running out on Charlie when he needed her and only leaving him a note, which Adeline thought was pretty cruel of Bella. Even if it was to save Edward's life.

As Bella got into the car, Alice did make an attempt to talk Bella out of coming. She did not want to endanger the human girl, but Bella was stubborn and refused to listen. So being short on time, Alice simply gave in.

"Here," Alice handed Adeline her cell phone, "get online and find us three tickets to Italy. One that leaves as soon as possible and will land as close to Volterra as possible." She nodded, quickly getting to work as they sped off down the road.

Luck was with them, as there was apparently one plane leaving soon. In the end they barely had to wait for any time at all before they were boarding and taxiing off down the runway. Adeline clutched the armrests of her seat as they took off. Gods how she hated flying. The whole idea of it scared her. How could she possibly trust a giant contraption made out of metal to stay in the air? It just made no sense to her. And this flight was going to be the worst. Not only because she would spend the whole thing worried about Edward and that he would do something before they could get there, but also because she did not have Jasper with her. 

Typically, when she flew, she spent the whole flight clinging onto his arm because being in his arms always made her feel safe. Added to that, Jasper could send her waves of calm and talk to her, which also helped keep her from having a full-on panic attack. But this time there was no arm to cling to or words of comfort to soak in, so instead she simply clenched her eyes shut and braced herself in her seat.

Once they were in the air, and Alice and Bella were quietly chatting together, Adeline fished out her phone and immediately called Jasper. Luckily, he picked up after only a few rings.

"Hello Darlin' are you and Alice on your way home now?"

"Not exactly ... Alice kind of had a vision of Edward finding out Bella was dead and is now running off to Volterra so he can also die. So now me, Alice and Bella are flying there to stop him." She rushed out her explanation, gripping the seat even harder as they hit some turbulence and letting out a small squeak.

"You're what?!" Jasper practically shouted, panic filling his entire body at the thought of her anywhere near the Volturi. Being the last of her kind, they had no idea what the Volturi would do if they found out about her existence.

"Yes, I know, it's dumb and stupid, but we can't just let him die! Now, please, please, just talk to me about something, anything, just get my mind off the fact that I am hundreds of miles up in the air in a small metal tube with wings" she pleaded.

She heard him inhale, "alright, but we will be talking about this when you get home. Because you are coming home. You promise me that, if nothing else, you will come back to me." He demanded desperately.

"I promise Tesoro, I will do everything I can to come back to you."

"Good. Now what do you want to talk about?"

She and Jasper spent the whole flight talking, him trying his best to keep her distracted, only hanging up when the plane began to land. Before she did, she promised to call him the minute they were on their way home so he would know as soon as possible that she was safe.