Same Argument, New Problem

A few days later, Jasper was out hunting while Adeline was sitting next to Alice on the couch working on an embroidery project she had started a while ago. It had started off as a joke more than anything with Jasper teasing her about her embroidery skills and how if she had put as much effort into her lessons as she had avoiding them then she would be a master at the craft by now.

She had gotten so riled up by it that she had spontaneously declared that she would make a set of matching pillows for their bed just to show him she could. She had already finished the first one months ago, but with all that had been going on she was starting to think that she would never finish the second.

Just then the vampires all went quiet and Adeline and Bella glanced at them in confusion, until they also heard the sound of a bike pulling up the driveway. Carlisle went to get the door and they all heard Jacob as he began to question Carlisle, thinking Bella was in transition.

"Jake is that you?" Bella called out.

Jacob came rushing up the stairs, Carlisle on his heels, trying to stop him and warn him that the situation was not as simple as he thought. Jake paid him no mind though, coming straight into the room and stopping at the sight of Bella sitting on the couch, Rosalie moving to stand in front of her.

"I'm glad you came" Bella stated from behind her as Jacob moved closer.

"Close enough" Rose said moving to block him.

"What's your problem?" Jacob asked, getting annoyed.

"Rose, It's okay" Bella said, practically preening at the sight of Rosalie defending her.

Jacob walked around her and sat down, commenting, "you look terrible" as he did.

"Yeah, its nice to see you, too."

"So, are you gonna tell me what's wrong with you?" he finally asked, after an awkward pause.

"Rose, you want to help me up?" Bella asked instead of responding. Adeline got up as well, moving back knowing that Jacob was going to be upset when he figured it out and did not want to be in his line of fire.

When Bella stood, he stared at her stomach for a few seconds trying to comprehend what he was seeing, before moving towards Edward angrily.

"You did this!" He growled, Emmet moving to stop him. Edward just looked down, not responding.

"What is it?" Jacob turned to face Carlisle, knowing he would be the one with the answers.

"A hybrid of some sort. We're not really sure, but what we do know it that there has never been one before that survived long enough to be born."

"So, what's going to happen?"

"We're not sure. I can't see it and I can't see Bella's future anymore" Alice confessed.

"Why haven't you done anything? Take it out of her." Jacob demanded. Adeline backing further away as he grew angrier, hoping Jasper would get home soon.

"This is none of your business dog" Rose growled. She knew that the baby would not survive, but she still believed that it was Bella's choice as it was her body that the child was growing in. She also wasn't going to be the one to crush the poor girls hope that her child would defy the odds and survive.

"Rose!" Esme called, "all this fighting isn't good for Bella."

"The fetus isn't good for Bella" Alice stated, upset that even after learning it would die, they were allowing her to keep it.

"Say the word, Alice. 'Baby'. It's just a little baby" Rose defended.

"No, it is a dying fetus that we should put out of its misery" Alice retorted.