Delivery

The blood seemed to be helping Bella and Adeline also noticed that her and Edward had apparently made up. At the very least he seemed to have accepted the baby and was now supporting Bella's decision to keep it, believing along with her that it would survive.

However, as it became clear that Bella was drawing closer and closer to her due date, a new problem arose. Whether the baby lived or died, they were going to have to do something about it and Carlisle was not strong enough to handle the delivery without feeding. In the end it was decided that Carlisle and Esme would go hunting, with Emmet coming along as protection, as Jacob, Seth and Leah distracted the pack. Meaning that Jasper, Rosalie and Alice would be left behind to guard the rest in case Sam took that as his chance to attack.

Adeline was standing with Jasper as he kept watch from the balcony and they saw the wolves return, giving them a nod as Jacob passed them to enter the house. Not long after, Alice came rushing out, saying the baby had broken Bella's spine and they needed to get it out as she desperately tried to call Carlisle.

Adeline and Jasper rushed inside, to see if they could help as Alice relayed Carlisle's instructions on what to do. "He's coming as fast as he can."

Rose cut her off, "We'll have to do it." She picked up the knife getting ready to begin.

Edward stooped her though grabbing her arm, "let the morphine spread" he commanded.

"There's no time. They're both dying" She gritted out.

"Get him out now!" Bella yelled, deciding it for them.

Rosalie began to cut and Bella cried out in pain, Adeline turning her head into Jasper's chest and trying to block out the sounds.

She only looked up again as Edward began to call out Rosalie's name and she turned to see Rose staring at the blood on her hands. She watched Edward push her away and Alice grab her sister to drag her out of the room. Adeline quickly grabbed Jasper and followed them, noticing that he was beginning to shake as well from the effort of maintaining his control.

They listened to Edward and Jacob's loud voices encouraging Bella and discussing what to do. Eventually though it grew quiet and Rose headed back into see what happened. She came out holding the small baby in her arms, the child not moving.

"It was stillborn" she told them sadly, "the thrashing must have been it dying. Bella's heart also stopped; Edward is trying to restart it long enough to inject her with his Venom." Jake stormed out passed them then, heading for the nearest door.

They waited in a tense silence, hoping to hear Bella's heart beat again or for Edward to come with good news. But when he came out of the room it was to tell them that the wolves were approaching and intending to attack.

Jasper pressed a quick kiss to Adeline's head telling her to stay inside, as he, Alice, Rosalie, and Edward headed out to meet them.

"We're outnumbered" Jasper stated, hoping Edward had a plan.

"By a lot" Alice added, her voice shaking.

"I won't let them hurt Bella" Edward declared, moving forward.

The wolves attacked without warning, aiming to tear them all apart. The four moved to meet them, Edward grabbing Sam to hold him back. Rosalie pushed away the first, but got taken down by a second. Alice was using her flexibility to dodge, but got quickly overwhelmed as they ganged up on her.

Sam gained the upper hand, pushing Edward to the ground and preparing to take his head off as others closed in on the girls. The only one still standing was Jasper, who was trying to fight his way to his sisters but kept getting pushed back as more and more wolves focused on him.